#20

SIX MONTHS AGO :

The night was raining with thunderstorm lightning. Gynecologist Dr. Sanjana was having a coffee while looking outside of her clinic at the window. It was around eleven at night and she would be waiting for the rain to stop. She kept looking at her car which was parked in the rain.

A light was flashed on her car. Another car arrived at the spot and stopped next to it. The headlights were turned off by the driver. A man walked out of the car who looked at Dr. Sanjana. The face of the man was not visible to her because of the darkness.

The man entered the clinic by pushing the door and walked towards Dr. Sanjana. She recognised him as Akash Bansal.

She asked, " Mr. Bansal? It's eleven at night. Even I have no more appointments for tonight. "

" I am not here for the appointment. "

He handed over her a file. She opened the file which had an IVF report of Swati Bansal.

She said, " That's her IVF report. "

" Why? "

" She did come here a few days back for the procedure. "

She closed the file and kept them on table.

She added, " She wanted to become a mother and wanted someone to be the cause of her happiness. You were never the part of her life. "

" We were going to adopt a child. "

" Does it really sounds good Mr. Bansal? Do you believe she could find the cause of her life in that adopted child? "

" You are a doctor. Can't believe a woman like you is making such a statement. "

He asked, " Can you tell me about the donor? "

She shook her head to gesture about her denial.

He asked, " Why? "

" It violates our privacy policy. "

ON THE NIGHT OF MR. JOSHI'S ANNIVERSARY:

The anniversary function came to an end. The visitors began to leave the hotel. Naina sat on the back seat of the cab and left. Mr. and Mrs. Bansal get inside their car. Akash was about to ignite the car but Swati received a call.

She attended the call and after a few seconds she hung up the call.

Akash asked, " What happened? "

" It was Mrs. Joshi. She told me that I have left my handbag inside. "

She walked out of car and Akash got her eyes on her from the rear mirror. Inspector Yuvraj came to him and sat on the passenger seat. His nose was not bandaged that time.

Akash countered him, " Excuse me? "

Yuvraj replied, " Move the car. "

" Sorry? "

" I said move the car. "

" Are you asking for a hitch ride? "

Inspector Yuvraj took out his handgun of his holsters and placed it on his thighs.

He looked at him and waggled his eyebrows.

He said, " Would you? "

Akash ignited the car and began to leave which was seen by Swati who saw the car from the balcony of the party hall while she was standing with Neel Oberoi and Ritika.

The car was driven over the highway during the late night.

Yuvraj said, " Stop here. "

Akash moved the wheel towards the left and stopped the car at the roadside.

Yuvraj ordered him, " Walk out of the car. "

Akash got his hands off the wheel and began to breathe heavily. He began to check his pockets of his jackets and trousers.

Yuvraj said, " Walk out of the car now. What you are doing? "

" I have lost my inhaler. I have to find it. "

" You need not to use the inhaler. You are not going to live anymore. "

Yuvraj walked out of car and came near to Akash whom he pulled out of his seat. Yuvraj was about to shoot him from his back, Akash turned around and hit him hard on his face with his wrist watch which he had tied on his right wrist. Due to the distraction Yuvraj accidentally shot Akash's waist. Akash stepped ahead and slided his watch from his wrist to his fingers.

Yuvraj was about to stand up but he hit him again on his nose which made him to fall back and bleeding from the nose.

He managed to sit inside his car, ignited the engine and drove away. After driving a few miles, he felt unconscious because of the blood flow and his asthma. The car met with a collision with a tree by the road. Akash got his head rammed to the wheel. He somehow opened the car door and fell by the car outside.

PRESENT DAY:

Satish walked out the travel agency with a photocopy in his hand when it was a cloudy morning. He sat inside his car and clicked a photo of the paper and sent the file to Akash on his chat.

Anaya and Vikramjeet Arora were on his shooting range. She had a hold on an electric automatic toy gun. He held her arms from her back.

" First, hold the gun tightly from your left arm. And then your right hand should be on the grip. "

She did the same as he told her.

He said, " Get your left legs ahead from the right one. "

She placed her left legs ahead ahead of the right one.

" Tilt your shoulders slightly to the left and aim at the target. "

She tilted her shoulder to the right and aimed at the target sheet.

" Eyes on the target and press the trigger. "

She looked at the target for a while and pressed the trigger. The toy bullet hit the three dots circles away from the centre.

Darsh walked to the target while he was having a soft drink in a bottle.

He said, " Good one. "

Mr. Arora asked, " You want to try? "

Darsh asked, " With a toy gun? "

Darsh cocked a Beretta M9 handgun while standing on the shooting position. Mr. Arora replaced the target sheet with the soft drink bottle. He walked away from the bottle.

Darsh aimed at the bottle while keeping a hold on the gun with both of his hands. He looked at the bottle and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the bottle which got broke into pieces.

Mr. Arora clapped for him and walked towards him.

He chuckled, " You should have joined us. You have enhanced your tactical skills. "

Darsh handed over him the gun.

He said, " Sometimes you keep reminding me about my father. "

" I have the same words for you. "

A car arrived near the range. Inspector Ghosh walked out of the car.

Darsh went to him.

Ghosh said, " There's a problem. "

" Always there is. "

" We can't issue an arrest warrant against her. "

" She is involved. "

" Yes she is. But there is no evidence that could justify the accusation. "

" I am the witness. "

" You are already under the cloud. "

" Me? "

" Didn't you remember? "

" Isn't there something we should do? "

" Unofficially? "