#14

Shruti got panicked. She stepped back and shook her head.

" I can't tell you. "

Ghosh came forward and said, " Shruti. Don't hide anything about him. Tell me the matter. "

Shruti continued to step back until she collided with the wall.

She repeatedly kept on saying, " I can't tell you sir. I can't help you. He is everywhere. He is keeps an eye on me everytime. "

" Shruti. " Inspector stepped forward to her.

" No. Please sir. I can't. "

Shruti slided herself to the end of the wall and began to run at the mid crowded corridor in order to escape him. Inspector Ghosh began to run behind her while dodging the other staff in the corridor. He took out his gun and shot in the air. The entire staff in the corridor went panic and laid down on knees.

He pointed his gun forward to Shruti who had also laid down. He steadily walked to her.

" Don't make a movie. "

Shruti kept herself down. As he came to her, Shruti's father ran to stop him. He came before Shruti.

Ghosh told him, " Sir, please get off my way. I have questions for her. "

" No. No questions anymore. She is just a kid. You have already scared her a lot. "

" I am not going to hurt her. "

" No weapon is allowed in this premises but you brought your gun here. How would you justify that you can be trusted. "

" I am a cop. I have to keep this with me and posess the right to use it whenever it seems a worse situation. "

" What's going on here? " A female grave voice was heard by him.

Ghosh turned around where a female auditorium manager Mrs. Jaya (in her forties) was approaching towards him.

She asked him, " Was it you officer? "

" I am sorry I had to do that. "

" For the kind of your information officer, I am the manager of this auditorium. I can take a strict action against what you did but I don't want to get this place to become a threat in eye of public. "

" I really apologize mam for the inconvenience caused by me. "

" It would be better for you to leave the place right now. "

He nodded his head and turned around to see that Shruti had disappeared from the corridor.

The assassin's body was taken out of the mogue on a bed. The staff covered his body with the white cover and took him to the downward ramp.

The doctor walked out of the morgue and went to Darsh who was standing in the corridor.

The doctor, " Did you inform the police about the murder? "

" Not yet. "

" You have to. Poisoned elements have been discovered in his body. "

Darsh sighed.

The doctor asked, " Did you know him? "

" No. I was just passing by the street when I came through him. He was lying on the ground. "

" Did you see the killer? "

Darsh got a reminder of Inspector Yuvraj whom he had seen running away from the scene.

" No. I didn't. "

The doctor nodded his head.

He sighed, " You better report to the police about the murder. "

" I will. "

It was the early noon when Darsh arrived at his house. He entered inside, had some water from the glass and went for the bath. While having the shower he closed his eyes and he could only see the face of his late wife Naina.

After the bath, he dressed himself up with a T shirt and a trousers. He went to his fridge,opened the door and took out a packet of bread and a cheese pack. He heard a door bell. He opened the door where Ritika was there. She smiled at him.

He allowed her in. She came inside and he offered her a chair by the table.

She asked, " You haven't been to office since Monday. "

He served her a glass of water.

He replied, " I thought you would have got leave mail from my side. "

" You haven't mentioned the reason. "

" Well, actually I had visited an ophthalmologist a few days ago. He had advised me to keep my eyes away from the screens. "

" How are your eyes now? "

" They aren't getting red now. Even I have reduced the usage of my laptop and phone. "

" Did you get an eye drop? "

" Yes. And a pair of glasses too. "

He went to his bedroom to bring his glasses. He came back to the living room with his glasses in hand. Ritika wasn't on the chair. He went to the kitchen and then to the other bedroom where he found her. She had his family photo in her hand.

He kept the photo frame back on the table. She turned to him.

She chuckled, " You both looked pretty sweet together. "

He sighed, " Good memories. Good times. She was really a good women. "

She walked to him.

" Didn't you find anyone to marry again after her demise? "

" I once had a thought but I realized by the time that I could bring Anaya up on my own. I never expressed my pain to her but she knew about what I was going through. "

She came close to him. She held his palm and rubbed her thumb upon it.

She said, " Your hands are warm. "

He got his hands off from her.

" I was cooking. I just forgot to mention about my new glasses. "

He showed him his glasses.

She said, " Frameless. Just like my brother. He usually wears these kind of specs. "

They had lunch together while sitting at opposite side of the table. They had pair of bread with cheese and sauce.

Ritika asked, " I had went to the hospital last night for a routine check up. I saw you there. Was it something serious about? "

" I had just brought a man to the hospital who was about to die. "

" Dear god. Is he okay? "

He sighed, " Unfortunately, he died in the morning. He was poisoned. "

" Did you see him? "

" See who? "

" The one who poisoned him. "

" Better not to talk about this right now. "

He continued to have his bread.