#22

TWENTY YEARS AGO:

A young Neel Oberoi who was in his early twenties entered inside CHILDREN FOUNDATION orphanage. A number of young children were playing in the park. While roaming around the park he spotted Mr. Joshi who was in his mid thirties then. He was with his wife Aashna. They were busy in distributing gifts to the orphan children.

As he walked ahead he spotted a ten year old girl who was sitting on the swings. He went to her.

He asked, " What's your name? "

She turned her head up and then again turned down.

He asked again, " Why you are not with them? They have chocolates. "

She mumbled something. He sat on his knees and looked at her.

He asked, " What happened? "

She said, " They are not good people. "

He turned to Mr. and Mrs. Joshi and then to her.

He asked, " Why? They are giving them chocolates. You should also be there. "

He took out a round badge out of his pocket and gave it to her. She read the badge which was labeled as ' CHICA VALIENTE '.

She tried to read out the word.

He said, " Chica Valiente. A spanish word that means a brave girl. "

She smiled and asked, " Did you go to the Spain? "

" Not me. My elder sister. She was there for her studies. She had bought the badge for her. "

" Is she still there? "

He sighed, " She is no more actually. "

Mr. Joshi came to her to give her chocolates. She denied him. Neel stood up before him.

Neel said, " She has been sitting here alone for a long time. "

Mr. Joshi said, " She always sits here alone. "

Mr. Joshi asked him, " I haven't seen you here ever. "

" I was here to donate an amount. "

" How old are you? "

" I am twenty three. I am an intern in a law firm. "

" Which specialisation? "

" Domestic and matrimonial affairs. "

" Good. "

Mr. Joshi gave his visiting card to him.

He said, " Meet me once you have completed your internship. "

" Yes sir. "

Mr. Joshi left him.

PRESENT DAY:

Akash stapled a bundle of papers on a table. He went to the other room which where some crew members were installing cameras and lights for a news studio. He came to Satish who was having a conversation with his friend who was a journalist in a local news channel.

He handed over the papers to the journalist. The journalist looked at the papers.

Akash said, " These are the hard copies which I had already shared online on my page. "

The journalist said, " We'll be live by twelve. "

After the conversation was ended.

Inspector Ghosh asked Ritika, " Why did Oberoi involved you in his scheme? "

" I owe him too much. He had adopted me as a sister when I was too young. "

Inspector Ghosh took his phone out of his pocket as he received a call from Akansha.