#1

Accountant Darsh Agarwal was waiting in corridor of a pharmaceutical company  'AGRI CULTIVATORS'. He was told by a staff to go inside the interview room. There was a panel of two interviewers: an HR Manager Miss Ritika and the General Manager Dheeraj Joshi.

HR Ritika had Darsh's employment record files in her hand. She went through his CV and certificates. Darsh was sitting before them by the table.

Mr. Joshi asked, " Mr. Agarwal, tell something about yourself. "

" Well, my full name is Darsh Agarwal and I am a full time accountant by profession. I have worked in an hotel industry for last three years. Prior to that I have worked as an Accounts manager and a Senior Accountant in aviation and banking industry for three and four years respectively. Talking about my education I have completed my post graduation as well as under graduation from Holy College of Arts and commerce. "

" You haven't worked in a medical industry? "

" No. This is my first time. "

Ritika asked " Do you live with your family?"

" Yes (sighs). I have a daughter. Her name is Anaya. "

" How old she is? "

" She is twelve. "

Mr. Joshi asked " Your wife? "

" She is no more. It happened three months ago. "

Ritika asked, " You've mentioned that your current CTC is INR 8.5 LPA. "

" Yes it is. "

" How much do you expect from us? "

Darsh sighed for a while. He said, " Ten. "

Darsh bought two egg rolls from a bakery. He walked out and crossed the road where his car was parked near his daughter's school. He sat inside at the front seat and looked at his wrist which displayed '02:01 PM'.

The school bell rang and the students walked out of the main gate in a crowd. Darsh spotted Anaya in the crowd and horned twice. She looked at her and ran towards the car. Darsh unlocked the door and she sat inside at the passenger seat. He gave her an egg roll.

" How was the day? " He asked.

" I got a lot of assignments today. Would you please talk to her about this? "

" Who should I talk to? "

" My class teacher. She always assign us with long assignments every weekend. "

" I'll talk to her on Monday. "

Darsh ignited his car after finishing the egg roll. He drove his car amid a mid crowded lane.

" How was your interview? " She asked.

" It was good. "

" What did they say? "

" Open that. ( referring to the glove compartment) "

She opened the glove compartment and found a white envelope. She pulled out and realised that it was a joining letter.

" When do they want you to join? "

" This monday. "

At night, Darsh prepared dinner while his daughter was doing her school assignments. He had 30x40 duplex located at a mid town area. He placed the plates and bowls on the table. He looked out of the window that the trees were swaying because of the storm and it seemed that it was about to rain.

" Anaya, shut the windows down. "

Anaya shut the windows of her room and so did he. Darsh shut the windows of his kitchen,  and the bedrooms. Anaya came to the hall and sat on the chair kept by the dinner table. Darsh served the meal while a downpour began outside.

On Monday, he woke up early at six. He got ready with his formal and tied up his shoes for his new job. He ate bread and butter as a breakfast with his daughter. He and Anaya stepped outside, locked the door. Anaya got startled to see that a tall tree was fallen on their car.

Darsh got annoyed after seeing his car been trapped under the fallen tree. He immediately dialled the tow service.

" How may I help you sir? " The lady on the call asked him.

" This is Darsh Agarwal here. Actually my car has been crushed by a tall tree. I want my car to make it to the service center. "

" It may take a couple of hours sir. "

" Could you please make it faster? "

" Sorry we already have more requests online. I have registered your request, our executive will call you before. "

" Okay. "

" Thank you for availing our service. How much would you like to rate us regarding our service? "

Darsh hung up the phone. He booked a cab for his office and Anaya's school. He received a call from Anaya's teacher.

" Mr. Darsh Agarwal? " A female teacher spoke to him.

" Yes. "

" I am Anaya's teacher. It's to inform you that the school has been closed today due to the bad weather forecast. "

" Okay. I got it mam. Thank you. "

He unlocked the door.

" What are you doing? " Anaya asked him.

" It's your school holiday today. Go. Get inside and keep the windows shut. It could be rain again. "

She went inside. The cab arrived near his house. He went inside the cab.

The cab arrived near his office building which was in a cuboid structure. Darsh paid the cab fare digitally, walked out and entered the building.

The receptionist told him, " Mr. Agarwal. Please sign here. "

He signed in a register which contained a list of employees therein.

" Collect your ID card from the HR section. "

Inside the HR Manager cabin, HR Kritika handed over him his ID card.

" Your employee id is 66078. You have to sign in daily with your id and password in your system. " She said.

He wore the id card which had a red lanyard around his neck.

" You'll meet your Accounts Director at second floor. He'll get you the access to your system. " She said.

The elevator door opened at second floor. He went to the Accounts section which had a cubicle outlay. Accounts Director Praneet Junaija (in his late forties) came to him.

" Mr. Darsh Agarwal? "

" Yes sir. "

" Come on. "

Through the cubicles, he took him to his system. Darsh sat on the seat before the PC system.

" Type your employee ID and generate your password. "