#8

Darsh poured coffee in a cup from a coffee vending machine in the cafeteria of his workplace. He went to the balcony of the office for a break with the coffee cup. He was joined by Ritika who also had a coffee cup.

Ritika said, " Looks like you are under work pressure. "

He replied, " The March is about to end in a few weeks. A lot of accounts work is pending. I think I need to bring the files home to work consistently. "

" Are you asking for work from home? "

" If it's possible then I would prefer the same. "

" Well, we haven't adopted the policy for WFH yet but the management will look into the matter. "

Darsh chuckled.

She asked, " Did you get your eyes tested? "

" Yes. I have to use the spectacles after a few days. The ophthalmologist has advised me to use blue light glasses. "

After a pause in their conversation, the grey clouds began to appear in the sky.

Darsh looked at the sky.

He said, " It's going to downpour in a few hours. "

She looked at him and said, " Since Mr. Joshi's incident I have noticed a thing. "

Darsh looked at her and then continued to have his coffee.

She continued, " Everyone is talking about Mr. Joshi and they are eager to know about the development of the case except you. "

" I don't know how to reply your remark but it might be because I had a little conversation with him and I didn't know him too much. "

" Why are you saying you don't know him? Your wife was a lot familiar with him. "

Darsh looked into her eyes.

She added, " I know a lot of things you had concealed during the interview. You didn't tell us that your wife had worked here for three years. And after her death you joined the company so that you can keep an eye on everyone just because you think that one of us is responsible for her death. "

" If I had told you about Naina you wouldn't have hired me. And I still claim that your company is responsible for her tragic death. "

" You have kidnapped one of them. "

" I have no one with me. I don't know anything about Mr. Joshi. "

" You'll pay Mr. Agarwal for whatever you are doing or going to do. "

Ritika left the place after the conversation. Darsh continued to have his coffee. His phone began to vibrate as he had received a call from Dilip, the mechanic.

He attended the call.

Dilip said, " Mr. Agarwal, the car is ready. You can pick it up at the evening. "

" Actually I would be late today. What if I pick up the car by tomorrow morning? "

" Sure. "

Darsh arrived at his old residence with the maxi truck. The assassin arrived at a distance away from Darsh's residence on his bike. He looked at Darsh who was going into the house. He ignited the bike to reach him.

Darsh went downstairs to Mr. Joshi who was fallen on ground while being tied with chair. Mr. Joshi's pants had went wet as he had urinated under his pants. Darsh got him straight with the chair and removed the tape from his mouth.

Mr. Joshi said, " I have been here for more than two days. I am in desperate need to use the washroom. "

Darsh untied him and took him upstairs to the washroom. The assassin slowly entered the house with his handgun. Darsh opened the washroom door for Mr. Joshi.

" Use the flush carefully. It might not work properly. " Darsh told him.

Mr. Joshi went to the washroom and shut the door. Darsh walked out of his bedroom to the living room and was startled to see the assassin who was standing before him pointing him the gun. He raised his hands up upon seeing the gain.

This assassin asked, " Where is he? "

The flush sound was heard by them from the washroom.

The assassin ordered, " Turn around. "

Darsh turned around. The assassin pushed him so that he could take him to Mr. Joshi. Mr. Joshi stepped out of the washroom and wiped his hands with a towel which was kept on a wooden chair.
Darsh entered inside the room with the assassin who had pointed him the gun.

The assassin, " Evening Mr. Joshi. "

The assassin walked ahead and pointed his gun to Mr. Joshi. He was about to pull the trigger but Darsh kicked on his waist. The assassin missed the shot and Mr. Joshi left the room. The assassin turned to him with his gun but Darsh held his hand and hurled him on the bed. The assassin dropped his gun on the floor.

He jumped from the bed to pick up the gun but Darsh held his legs and pulled towards him. Mr. Joshi walked out of the house and looked at the maxi truck. Darsh and the assassin had a hand to hand combat between them for a while.

The assassin rammed Darsh to a wall. Darsh pushed to a table which was kept in the living room. He got his pen out of his pocket. As the assassin turned to him to attack him, Darsh stapped his chest with his pen.

The assassin fell down on knees, he picked up his bike keys from the ground to attack him but Darsh held his hand and kicked him to the other room which had the basement. Darsh punched him on his neck twice and pushed him to the basement. The assassin rolled over downstairs to the basement.

Darsh shut the basement door and went outside where he couldn't find the maxi truck. He went inside and picked up the bike keys and the gun from the room. He went to the assassin's bike and got it ignited to chase Mr. Joshi. He left the place with the bike and drove through the main street. A few distance later, he spotted the maxi truck which was driven by Mr. Joshi.

He geared up the bike and drove through the crowd of buses and cars to reach him. Mr. Joshi looked at his right side mirror that Darsh was getting closer to him. He took a sharp right turn to dodge him. Darsh was interrupted by a car that came before him. The signal went red that to a traffic jam.

He looked at the maxi truck which got disappeared from his eyes. When the signal turned green, he geared up the bike and turned to the right side. He went through a railway bridge and spotted the maxi truck on a fly over.

He got the bike on fly over and took out the gun. He shot at the truck twice. The truck got collided with the divider and it got rammed by a city bus. The maxi truck rolled over on the highway and left being upside down with Mr. Joshi inside who was bleeding from his nose.

A number of people gathered around the accident site. Darsh continued to drive the bike and left the site.