#19

Inspector Ghosh had some tea while he was sitting on bed. He had the bandage over his waist. Akash was sitting by him on a stool.

Inspector Ghosh asked, " Did you know about her affair with Dheeraj Joshi? "

" Yes. I knew about them. "

" Didn't you oppose them? "

" I couldn't. If I had opposed them I wouldn't be able to audit his company. "

Akash took out a flash drive from his pocket and showed it to him.

Ghosh asked, " What is this? "

" The drive has the authentic audit report of CHILDREN FOUNDATION. "

" CHILDREN FOUNDATION? The charity is funded by the AGRI CULTIVATORS in which Dheeraj Joshi was employed as it's general manager. "

" For last three years, someone had been transferring a percentage of the charity amount from AGRI CULTIVATORS to somewhere else. I worked on it for six months and realised that it was Swati who was responsible for managing their funds. "

" Was she involved too? "

" I suspected her about the same. The suspicion was confirmed when I found some hefty amount of bank transfers in her account. Those transfers were from the same account in which the charity amount was being transferred. "

" I talked to your landlord. He told me about your conflicts with her. "

" He must have told me about my infertility. "

Ghosh sighed, " Yes he did. And when I met Mrs. Bansal last time she was about six month pregnant. "

" It's not my child. Dheeraj Joshi was in relation with her only because they both were planning to leave the country after getting me killed. "

" Who attacked you? "

" I just know a face. Then Dr. Harit took me to his home where he treated me. I was there for three months. "

The conversation was paused for a while. They both had a sip of tea.

Ghosh asked, " Does the thing is linked with the murder of Naina Agarwal? "

" Murder? Last time when I saw her she was alive. "

" Where did you see her? "

" It was Dheeraj Joshi's anniversary night when the entire staff was invited. Swati was too invited that's why I was with her. "

" But I was informed that only staff were invited in the function. "

" She didn't tell me about that. "

Ghosh said, " Were there non staffs too? "

" As I remember..... Yes. The invitees had brought their kids too. "

" That implies that only Naina was instructed not to bring her husband there. They had planned for the murder the night. "

" When I had told about report to her before the function she had became vigilant about her colleagues. She had began to suspect everyone as if anyone could have harmed her. "

" Tell me everything about the night. "

ON THE NIGHT OF MR. JOSHI'S ANNIVERSARY:

The cab arrived near the hotel where the anniversary was organised. Naina walked out of the can with the bouquet in her hands. She entered inside the hotel. There was a big hall at the ground floor and the reception was on the front with a large desk attended by three female receptionist.