#7

6 MONTHS AGO:

It was the late evening when Naina arrived at a cafe. She walked into the cafe with her handbag. She spotted Akash Bansal at a corner table where he was having a cup of coffee. She walked to and sat before him. Akash Bansal was in his mid thirties and he was the auditor of CHILDREN FOUNDATION. He used to carry an inhaler since he was diagnosed with asthma.

He wished her, " Evening Mrs. Agarwal. "

She said, " Good evening Mr. Bansal. It could be something important if you were willing to meet me. "

" Did you see the audit reports? "

" Yes. I had a look on our reports. "

" I am not talking about your company. I am talking about the charity. "

" The ' CHILDREN FOUNDATION ' ? "

" Yep. "

" Why should I? "

" Because there is something which you must be aware about. "

" What? "

" How much the company transfer it's profit as a donation to the CHILDREN FOUNDATION? "

" It's around ten twenty to twenty five percent. That ranges between INR Ten to Twelve CR. Something wrong? "

" Nothing wrong in donation. But out of the donation around ten percent is transferred to a foreign bank account which is located in Dubai. The transfers have been taking place for last three years. "

" Who's bank account it belongs to? "

" I haven't asked about the beneficiary to my wife. I don't know how she is going to react about it. "

" Do you think she is also involved? "

Mr. Bansal sighed, " I can't confirm that yet. But if she is involved then I have to take necessary actions as per the company law. "

" What if she is involved? I wish she didn't but what could be the actions taken against her? "

" As a corporate banker she will have to resign as well imprisoned for a several time period. "

" But she is your wife. You have to keep her away from such punishments. "

" I am an auditor by profession and not the law enforcement. It's upon them. "

Mr. Bansal walked out of the cafe. He got his keys out of his pocket and sat inside his car. He took out his asthma inhaler out of his pocket and inhaled the spray twice. As he left the cafe, another car got ignited and began to follow Mr. Bansal.

PRESENT DAY:

Inspector Ghosh arrived near a double a story apartment which had an exterior staircase. He went upstairs to a room and knocked the door. A pregnant Swati Bansal opened the door. She allowed him in. He came inside.

" I just had a visit to your bank. They told that you are on maternity leave. " Ghosh told her.

She poured him a glass of water and gave her the glass.

She said, " I have already decided not to step into the office. Just work and target pressures. No time for house chores. "

" Don't you find it difficult for household chores? You could have a maid. "

" Actually my gynecologist has told me to do the chores for an active child birth and normal delivery. "

She went to the kitchen.

She asked, " You need coffee or something? "

" No mam. Thanks. I am just to ask you about Mr. Joshi. He has been missing since two days. His wife told that you were with him that night. "