CHAPTER XI: The river

I was unable to stop thinking about you the moment I set my eyes on you.
Unknown

Everyone returns to their respective dorms, exhausted. They all have one plan and it is to take a nap — well, except for two boys.

Taehyung and Jungkook are thinking deeply what to wear to impress each other. Today they are going to their first date, near a diner. They try their best to look elegant as possible.

Seeing them, their roommates start to question them but they don't answer properly. They just say that they are going to meet their friends.

Twenty minutes later, Taehyung and Jungkook meet in front of the diner. Both are amazed looking at each other.
"You look beautiful, Taehyung," Jungkook comments with a low voice and Taehyung cheeks dust pink. "Thanks. You also look very handsome." Taehyung gives him a shy smile.

They both enter in the diner and choose a table that is in the corner, so they won't get disturbed much. Both of them are now sitting across from each other. A waiter comes and hands them the menus. Taehyung chooses bulgogi while Jungkook orders bibimbap.

They both are nervous to talk with each other. They don't have any idea where to start from. Nonetheless, as always, Jungkook is the one to break the deafening silence.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry for my awkwardness but I've never been in a date. You're my first one." Jungkook starts with his usual voice.

"Don't worry. It's also my first." Taehyung looks at his lap.

"So, since it's our first, how about we know more about each other." Jungkook gives him a sincere smile, this time Taehyung is looking at him and quickly returns the smile, showing his boxy smile.

The waiter arrives with their dishes, places the dishes in front of them before flashing a gentle smile."Enjoy your meal." He bows, they both thanks him before the waiter goes to his other client.

Both stare at their food like predators but keep their animals down to themselves.

Taehyung clears his throat. "You like bibimbap so much?" Taehyung shyly asks.

"Yes." But not as much as I like you. "What's your favourite dish other than bulgogi?" Jungkook grins.

Taehyung gets excited hearing the question and shows his boxy smile, "I like kimchi, jajangmyeon, japchae, tteobokki, pasta and I love pizza." He excitedly answers but soon his cheeks flush pink when he realizes his rambling and looks down at his food.

Jungkook's heart clenches seeing the sight, he rests his chin on the palm of his right hand and lets out a breath of amusement. "You're so cute. Why did you stop talking?"

"Yah, I was just rambling. You might have got bored." Taehyung, still not looking at him.

"And who said that I got bored?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow and Taehyung just shrugs.

Jungkook sighs and sits steadily. He takes Taehyung's both hands in his, which makes Taehyung look at his eyes, and smiles wholeheartedly. "Taehyung, you need to know that you're very precious to me. Eventhough I've meet you only few days ago, I can tell you how cool are you. And I will never get bored of you." Jungkook finishes, Taehyung's eyes are slightly wide by the sudden confession but it also fills his heart. He tightens his hands and grins.