Chapter 27 - Epilogue

Things have been getting better.

Wilbur, Niki, Tubbo, Phil and everyone else were so proud of Tommy's recovery. Not that his recovery was over. There was still a long path ahead of him, and his friends would stick with him all the way through it.

Tommy started going to therapy. It took a few weeks to find the right therapist, but eventually he got there. For the first month or so, he had a sessions three times a week, but now it's been moved down to two times a week.

At first the meetings were solely online, due to Tommy's, Wilbur's and Niki's insistence. They were all scared that if Tommy attended a real-life session, he would be placed in a psych ward or in an eating disorder recovery ward. He would have to have spent an unspecified amount of time there, and deemed fit to leave by the psychologists and doctors. Niki had memories from her own experiences in a psych ward, and deemed it a very bad idea for Tommy to be admitted. Sure, not all psych wards are the same, but nobody wanted to take the chances.

Plus, they all knew that being in a psych ward, alone and with no contact to the outside world would do more harm than good to the boy. He might heal physically, but mentally it would do him no good.

Everyone tried their best to help the boy, especially Wilbur, Niki and Tubbo.

Wilbur would always be there for Tommy whenever the boy thought about cutting himself or hurting himself. He would cradle the boy in his arms, and hold him tightly. He would gently comb through Tommy's hair, and rub circles into his back. Sometimes Tommy would cry, sometimes he would vent out his frustration and feelings, and other times he would be silent.

He would knock on the door to Wilbur's room, and just walk up to the man. Sometimes Wilbur would just do all of the talking. He would reassure the boy and try to calm him down, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Sometimes the two of them would just have a normal(ish) conversation, with Wilbur talking about random things to take Tommy's mind off of whatever he was thinking about.

Other times, the two of them would go somewhere, especially if it was the evening or the night, and it was dark outside. Then they'd put on warm clothes, get bundled up, and set out. They would walk through the parks, through the forests, or sometimes they would drive further out into the city, and walk amongst the towering buildings and skyscrapers.

They would get hot chocolate, or doughnuts, or churros (Tommy's personal favourite). At first, Tommy wouldn't even dare think of eating such things, but as time went on, he learnt to ignore the nagging voice in the back of his head. He let himself enjoy moments like this, where he's just hanging out with Wilbur, not giving a single shit about anything, not letting his worries or anxiety both him.

When it came to food related matters, Tommy would usually go to Niki. Niki unfortunately had plenty of experience with eating disorders and poor body image. She would usually comfort him about how he looked, and would reassure him that nobody gives a single shit about how he looks.

After a few months, Tommy came out to everyone and was overwhelmed with the amount of support that he received.

Day by day, week by week, month by month, Tommy slowly got better and learned to heal from everything that had happened. It wasn't always smooth sailing, but he knew that no matter what happened, he would always have his friends by his side.

~~~~~

I got Wattpad again and just realised that I had this chapter sitting in the drafts for a whole year. Whoopisies.

Last update was nearly a year ago, and I started this fic nearly two years ago. I'm pretty ashamed of this work, the storyline is so unrealistic and the writing is awkward at best, but it's the only project that I've started and finished, so that's gotta count for something. I've long since left the Dream SMP fandom, but I've continued writing. I'm on Ao3 now, my username is 'Ami_Gami' if you wanna check that out.

Thank you to everyone who liked, commented an subscribed or whatever the Wattpad equivalent of that is. This is the end, and it only took me two years to get there.

And Jesus Christ, get help, all of you. Your comments are all so unhinged please get help xx