CHAPTER 2

"Going home, Jo?" Aila asked while checking her things. Jo was still on her seat, eyes fixed on the window staring at the sun which already swallowed by the clouds.

"Sabay na tayo, gusto mo?" she asked. "It's already dark."

Aila nodded. She's worried about her who was acting so weird lately. She examined Jo while putting her notebooks inside her bag without arranging them.

This is Jo. The real Jo. She said mentally, for Jo naturally doesn't care about her stuffs. Aila felt relieved.

"Where's Jean?" Jo asked out of the blue.

"She can't make it. She's busy, you know. SSG and stuffs," she explained. "Shall we go?"

Jo smiled and together, they walked outside the classroom. The wind blows strong−a sign that there will be a heavy rain.

"Do you have any problem, Jo?" she asked warily.

"I broke up with him," she answered without a preamble.

Aila's eyes widen in surprise. "W-When?"

"Last December."

"Last month and you didn't tell me?! But why?"

"Simple. Hindi na 'ko masaya."

"What specific day was that?"

"Two days before my birthday."

Aila looked at her eyes intently but she didn't saw any language of pain. Jo caught her and she looked away.

"Hey, Aila. A break-up in a relationship doesn't always mean end of the world," she snarled. "I mean, it's the world, is it not? Why would I cry and feel pain at all?"

Aila stared at her. "I'm just worried, you know."

"Thanks," she murmured.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that."

"Now you know," she grinned.

The students inside the campus were getting thinner. They don't care if the two of them were left. They continued to walk slowly until they reached the school gate.

"Hi, Jo! Nice answer awhile ago!" Carl yelled looking amused. His friends and other Senior students laughed. Carl applied to be one of his suitors, but rejected. Now he's there to piss her off. Jo cast them a nasty look. Tch.

"So... are you okay?" Aila grilled.

"I will be okay."

"I noticed that you're getting weirder everyday."

"I'm weird. I know."

They both chuckled. Drops of rain started to fall but they ignored it. As they passed the photocopying shop, Jo saw Leila with her classmates. She planned to turn her gaze away from her, but she spotted her already.

"Best!" Leila called. Jo waved at her and smiled mechanically.

"Bestfriend?" elbowed Aila silently. Jo nodded while watching Leila getting small words with her classmates. Maybe, she's asking them to wait for her.

"Jo, how are you?" asked Leila catching her breath from running. "Long time no see."

"I'm doing fine. How about you? Anyway, this is Aila," she said coolly. She doesn't know what to feel towards her. She doesn't know how to act in front of her. A sudden chill runs down her spine. She knows she's not hurt and Leila doesn't have any fault to her ruined relationship with Mio. She needs to forget this feeling. She knows she deserves this.

"I'm doing fine," she smiled again and extended her hand to Aila. "Nice meeting you Aila. By the way, I'm Leila delos Paez."

Aila beamed. "Nice meeting you too."

"LEILA!" her classmates yelled. "ARE YOU GOING TO HEAD HOME WITH US?"

Leila thrown them thumbs up before facing the two of them again. Jo was nervous. She's predicting what Leila is going to say now.

"I need to go home, and you Jo, we need to talk as soon as possible. See yah again! Bye guys!"

"Bye," they told her.

Jo wanted to speak, but chose to remain silent anyway. She's having a hard time these days. She feels like she's possessed by someone. She thinks it would be the right thing to do.

She wants to talk with Leila.

A little more.