CHAPTER 18

Jo and Leila went back in the Mini Park while Aila and Jean bought snacks. They talked about Leila's lovelife. Jo was laughing as she realized Leila was still the girl she met before. Lots of boyfriends. When it her turn, she opened her relationship with Heather―formerly Mae.

"What best?! Eh 'di ba tomboy ka? Bakit papatol ka dun eh lesbian pala. Syntax error ata yun!" Leila shouted. Jo slapped her mouth.

"Aray naman best! Ba't mo ko sinampal?!"

"Gaga, ang ingay mo eh! Naiintindihan mo ba yung quiet? Ha? Ang bobo!"

"Peace naman ha. Pwede magsorry? Tss, makabobo! Bobo ka din!"

This is what the two of them really miss. Their harsh words and laughs. It is just sad they aren't classmates.

"Best, hindi naman ata yun lesbian eh. Kasi yung feelings ko iba. Tingin mo magiging kami if same kaming tomboy? Basta weird. I'm just fooling around with her, ano ka ba. Wala namang masama diba? So why bother?"

"Tanga. Kahit sabihin mong wala namang masama, you don't know the coming consequences. And worse, baka mainlove ka din sakanya ng di mo namamalayan!"

"Who knows? If ever that she can makes me fall inlove with her, then fine with it. Mabuti ng mainlove ako sa kapwa ko lesbian kesa sa totoong lalake."

"If that's the case, you mean..."

"I have no plan to be married with a guy. Wala akong balak magpakasal."

"Tinagalog mo lang yung sinabi mo eh."

Jo slapped her again.

"Ano na naman ba?! Aba, dalawa yun ah! Nakakatatlo ka na!"

"Peeeeeeeeeace ^___^v"

Leila scratched her again and slapped Jo in return.

"Aray! Aray! Huhu! Langya ang sakit naman eh!"

"Hoy aba, mahina pa nga yan eh!"

"Tch!"

"Tss!"

They continued their conversation again but this time, it was silent. Their topic was too sensitive. After few minutes, Leila bade her goodbye because she still has one class to attend.

Jo looked everywhere to check if she had classmates in the same spot she sat. Looking at her left side, there was none. Looking at ther right side, still none. Looking behind, there's Aila. She walked to her.

"Ohoy, why are you alone? Where's Jean?"

"May inasikaso saglit. Alam mo namang napakabusy ng taong yun. Upo ka."

Jo sat in front of her. She suddenly felt tense. It seems like there is something to happen between them.

"May nakatext ako kagabi..." Aila said. Jo nodded.

"Sabi niya siya ay gf mo raw..." Aila said again. Jo nodded again.

"Pinadescribe ka niya sa akin. Nambasted ka pa nga raw bago naging kayo..." Again, she nodded.

Aila laughed. "Ano ba, ba't tango ka lang ng tango? Can you just add some details for what I am telling?! Hahahahaha!"

Ehh? She's...she's laughing? I thought... she's going to be angry and judge me for what I have done. Jo said mentally. I deserve that if ever, actually.

"Wala. H-Hindi...hindi ka galit?"

Aila leaned her back. "Hah? Ako?" she pointed to herself. "Magagalit? Bakit naman ako magagalit?"

Seriously? Hindi siya galit? Eh diba kung tutuusin karapat-dapat lang akong husgahan sa case ko. Same sex relationship is quite sensitive, isn't it? Jo barked between her nerves.

"Eh kasi, I thought you are going to judge me," she answered scratching her head. "Akala ko magagalit ka."

Aila was laughing hard now.

Ano ba to, lokohan at parang hindi niya sineseryoso 'tong usapan namin? Jo said, calculating her past conversation with Aila and conclude that she never talked to her like this before. The laughs and wonderings, like those.

"Bat ka tumatawa? Something funny?" Jo finally asked.

She just waved her hand and said, "Wala wala. Yang ineexpect mo kasi... Hahahaha!"

"Sorry. Akala ko kasi huhusgahan mo 'ko tulad ng iba ehh. . ." Sinubukan ko namang sumabay sa porma at ayos niyo pero iba eh. Siguro nga kapwa ko rin babae talaga ang gusto ko. She added silently.

"Syempre hindi ko magagawa sayo yun noh. Alam ko namang maganda yang rason mo para gawin yan. At isa pa, sanay na ako sa mga usaping ganyan. Mind you, lunduyan ng mga lesbian ang lugar namin."

"Salamat besie. Kayo palang ni Leila ang may alam nito. Ewan ko si Jean. Sana wag ng lumabas pa."

"Oo naman besie. Tsaka isa pa, buhay mo yan eh. Wala akong magagawa kung yan ang—ah, ayan na pala si Jean."

"Kayo ah, di kayo nagtatawag."

"Lagi ka naman kasing wala eh. Upo ka."

Jean sat beside Jo. Aila was staring at her, asking her mentally is she would like to continue the topic with Jean. In the end, Aila spoke.

"Besie," said Aila.

"Hmm?" Jean wasn't looking. She's busy tapping on her phone.

"Alam mo na ba?"

"Ang alin yun?" It is noticeable she knew nothing.

"Jo is under same sex relationship." Aila finished. Jean's bored face became shocked then back to being bored again.

"Any reactions, comments, suggestions..." Jo muttered.

"Oh?"

Aila and Jo looked at each other. Jean's reaction was, well, unsurprised.

"Loka, anong Oh ka jan? I mean anong masasabi mo about my case?"

"Ayokong husgahan ka besie. Naiintindihan kita."

Shoot. Jo wanted to cry. It was no wrong she chose them as her friends slash confidantes. She was very glad she met them. They were reallv incredible and loyal.

The three of them went out after that conversation. They ate and watched movie in their classroom. Jo suddenly misses to text Heather so she borrowed Jean's phone.

As she goes in Message, her curious mind pressed Inbox instead. Hmm, so BFF pala ang callsign nila ni Jean. At teka, Heather F. Galanga pala ang buo niyang pangalan? Oh di ba? Ngayon ko lang nalaman at sa inbox pa ng tropa ko. Lagi ko kasing nalilimutang itanong sakanya eh. She chuckled.

When the bell rung, she gave the phone back.

And went home.