CHAPTER 24

Jo woke up early then did general cleaning at home. She realized it's not forever to just curl herself into a ball then think about this girl you-know-who. Even mentioning her name gives her a kind of happy feeling, but absolutely not enough to stick on that. As her cellphone rings for the umpteeth time, she mustered thousands of veins to read the messages.

<<._ minE,>>

<<._ minE minE minE..>>

<<._ minE, busY ka?>>

<<._ minE :( >>

<<._ minE ko...>>

Jo doesn't know what to reply. She knows she loves her already but afraid to take the risk. Is she dumb asking herself why she feels it now? It's a crackhead of her that she never listened to Leila before. That there is a small possibility, small at least possibility, that she might fall inlove with Heather.

"What best?! Eh 'di ba tomboy ka? Bakit papatol ka dun eh lesbian pala. Syntax error ata yun!" Leila shouted. Jo slapped her mouth.

"Aray naman best! Ba't mo ko sinampal?!"

"Gaga, ang ingay mo eh! Naiintindihan mo ba yung quiet? Ha? Ang bobo!"

"Peace naman ha. Pwede magsorry? Tss, makabobo! Bobo ka din!"

This is what the two of them really miss. Their harsh words and laughs. It is just sad they aren't classmates.

"Best, hindi naman ata yun lesbian eh. Kasi yung feelings ko iba. Tingin mo magiging kami if same kaming tomboy? Basta weird. I'm just fooling around with her, ano ka ba. Wala namang masama diba? So why bother?"

"Tanga. Kahit sabihin mong wala namang masama, you don't know the coming consequences. And worse, baka mainlove ka din sakanya ng di mo namamalayan!"

"Ah, so I am not just dumb and crackhead but also an idiot," she muttered. "Okay."

'You got it.' her inner god was sardonic. 'Hallelujiah!'

Jo lays herself on the floor. She doesn't know what to do now. But then, as she wills gazillion of cells to give her an idea what to do, she types a message.

Sige na nga, eenjoyin ko nalang kung anong meron kami ngayon. Hindi na naman siguro magtatagal ang relasyong ito di ba? Bahala na si Spongebob.

[Conscience alert: You evil, evil woman.]

Enough!

[Conscience alert: ............]

<<hi mine.. slr, nkaidlip ehh.. tex na..>>

<<._ ok lan.. uMm, nkita co sxi topS.. naqpaqupit sxa unq panqEMO.. she's cutE..>>

<<ahh qanun? Cute? bkt naqpaqupit?>>

<<._ tOmboy na tLaga.. isasama ko nqa sxa sa tRopanq GSM.>>

<<ahh.. haha.. bka nan qnwa lanq nea un pra mpalapit zau.. nahaha :D>>

<<._ haha cGuro.. ewan co zkanya..>>

<<hahaha.. edi paqupit ka din pra same kyo :p>>

<<._ nako, di na.. mhaL na mhaL ko tonq buhok ko nuh..>>

<<sus.. hahaha...>>

<<._ haha.. topic? >>

<<ahm.. mine, tqal nq fiesta.. qusto na kta mkita..>>

<<._ ilanq buwan na nan mine ehh.. mLpit na :)>>

Jo's face splits into two. 'Seems like she's excited to see me,' she grinned. Their conversations go on and on and on, knowing each other more and more and more. Heather's first phone call highlights her day. She said Jo has a beautiful voice―very questionable knowing that she's a tom. Meanwhile, Heather's voice sounds familiar to Jo but she doesn't know where and when did she hear it before.

"It's sweet," she beams. "But is this still right?"

She decided to take a nap as she clicked on the speaker in her room. She listened to Hall of Fame by The Script. She smiles as the song filled the room.

"How are you ever gonna know if you never even try?" she sung in silence.

Then she closed her eyes.