CHAPTER 26

Her fingers were numb, eyes focused on the screen, thoughts were hovering inside of her searching what she have done to deserve this feeling. March 17, 2013 (Sunday), and what have she did to experience worse like today? She just broke up with her. Heather broke up with her.

But why? After two weeks of I love you's and I miss you's and getting to know each other, she would just do this? Her brain queried. Is it my mistake I dozed and my phone is fucking dead bat for playing music so I have to charge it first and while doing that, I cooked dinner! Like. . really?

Jo perplexed, catching her breath. She thought that maybe Heather would really love to break up with her from the very beginning and it seems like destiny agrees. She just found her way today. Impressive.

She opened her cellphone and type a group message.

"You want this? I'll give it! Better END this!"

OFFTEXT

#Gone

March 3, when they became official.

March 17, when everything she hopes has gone.

It's already 6:10pm. She will never reply back. Maybe her load got alr―oh stop Jo! I don't care. I really don't care if. . . if. . she would never reply nor text back! Eventhough it would take forever! Yea‚ forever. That's right. She yelled mentally and chose to eat her dinner.

* Munch. Munch. Munch *

What the? Why my adobo tastes like this? I remember it was fine awhile ago

* Munch. Munch. Mun—*

I cry. Why does it feel like this? Is it normal for a brokenhearted like me? I miss her. I'm missing her. . . and there is no way she would know.

After taking a shower‚ Jo immediately hauled herself in her room. She needs to sleep early. She didn't want to think about her anymore. She doesn't want to think about her anymore. But then‚ she can't sleep. She grabbed her cellphone under her pillow and opened it.

3 messages received

FROM: +63923*******

mine, sorry... i'm sorry. i can't.

Jo bolted upright. She doesn't know this contact number‚ but there are two people who used to call her "mine": Mio and Heather. Omigod! Who owns this bloody text format? I'm afraid it's not her. The usual period-underscore-place-before text and the smalL-biG-smalL-biG caSe. Her heart beats fast as she opens the second.

<<._ minE, I jusT boRrowed a baLance from daDdy.. stoRes were already cLosed. sorry.. anD I only havE 5 texts to expLain u everyThing. . . miNe. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU.>>

And the last...

<<._ minE.. reply ka nman oh kunq pde pa tayo.. plss :'(>>

She smiled. This. Girl. Is. Really. Something. And she doesn't want to lose her.

<<ALAM MO BANG KANINA PA 'KO NAGHIHINTAY NG TEXT MO?! HA?! NAKAKAINIS KA! NAKAKAINIS! MAHAL NA MAHAL DIN KITA! Ps: Glad dat u change ur format in the second message ;)>>

<<._ d'u minD telLing me u haVe anoTher minE? Ha! welL, i'm a Fan of biG-smalL-biG lettErs.. minE... tayo na ulit ha.. tayo na ulit.. wla nq bawian.. mhal na mhal pu kita...>>

<<SOON U'LL KNOW HAHA. SO OO! MAGLOAD KANG MAAGA BUKAS HA! DAHIL KUNG HINDI, MALILINTIKAN KA SAKIN BABAE KA!>>

<<._ ou na pu.. sori ulet ha.. minE, last tex ko na to.. goodbyee... tloq kanq maaqa ha.. mhal na mhal na mhal pu kta :*>>

<<yea.. same here :* but why do I get this feeling dat u'll walk out of my life again everytime you say those words: last text or goodbye?>>

Jo closed her eyes. She thought she can handle the pain of losing her‚ but she can't. She loves her very much now. She saw herself flying like Icarus in the sky never afraid of the crash she would experience once again. Which is possible.

"This is me since I met her‚" she said.

"I must embrace it now."