CHAPTER 10

Aila, Jean and Jo parted ways in twilit street. Jo was the happiest among of them. She never experienced it for a long time. She enjoyed her day.

She grabbed her dinner then took a bath. She will go back in the Town's Park again. This time, with her cousins. She will stay there because she doesn't want to watch the Ball.

She was wearing jeans and fit black jacket. She combed her bangs and let her shoulder-length hair untied. As she leaves her room, she spotted her big-framed glasses and decided to wear it. Seems like she's going to attend a Cosplay Party.

[Conscience alert: Pagbigyan! Pangarap niya 'yan eh!]

She was very disappointed. Aldwin was late 45 minutes and counting. She's contorted with fury at the fact that someone was making her wait like a hag. She finds herself an area to wait and sat down. Other teens few inches from her was inviting her to eat and join them. Jo's stomach suddenly rumbled, but coerced herself not to. She just smiled and waved her hand indicating not to mind her.

Minutes and minutes passed. Jo texted him.

<<hey, pupunta ka pa ba or wat?>>

<<I'm here na sa stage. Wer ka ba?>>

See? Nasa stage na pala ang kupal hindi man lang magtext. Pota talaga. She thought.

<<here sa circle. pumunta ka na dt0. tsktsk>>

<<Kaw nalang pumunta dito.>>

<<cqe, alis nco. SALAMAT sa pqpunta ha. nyeta you!>>

Jo was muttering curses under her breath when suddenly, she saw a guy approaching. She widen her eyes to see his appearance clearly.

He's not that handsome, not even cute, and he made me wait for nothing. Wtf! She whispered silently.

Aldwin apologized for being late. Jo smirked. And as she stood to buy herself a food, he told her he forgot his wallet.

Jo returned to their place and sat down again. She wanted to punch the guy. Jo was thinking that Aldwin was lying. He just doesn't want to spend his money for a stranger like her. He doesn't know how much she wanted to eat now, but she doesn't want to buy while he watches her eat.

They talked, but Jo wasn't looking at him. She's mad for opening his mouth when in fact, it smells like he smoked a pack of cigarette before he decided to see her. She just hooked the words "member" and "fraternity."

"Why aren't you looking at me?" he asked.

Jo suddenly backtracked and darted him in the eyes.

"I'm just tired," she replied and looked away.

"I think you need someone to take care of you. If I will be that man Jo, I'm honored."

Jo's ears rung about his confession. She doesn't know what killing method is she going to perform. She just closed her eyes and refrain herself that her abhorrence against him would not explode.

"You know, if John and others found out you're still not my girlfriend, they will tease me," Aldwin whispered. Of course she knows what he meant about "John and others". Jo met them in December at church. Gagung mga yun, binigay pala ang number ko!

"I'm sorry, Aldwin. I guess you're not enough," she finished.

"Then look me in the eyes while saying that," he dared her.

"I ― said ― I ―don't ― like ― you," she said boringly looking at him. Tangnang yan, ang feeling tsong! She thought. Kinagwapo n'ya ba yan?

After a moment of silence, Jo stood. She bade goodbye to Aldwin who uttering like "Happy Valentine's Day." Her cousins were waiting for her. She snobbed Rey who was complaining about her being late. It was one in the morning when they arrived home. She pulled her pajamas and laid down her body. She checked her cellphone if she's got a message. There was.

<<Take care. -Aldwin>>

She breathes heavily. She deleted his number. She doesn't want to see nor text her anymore. She shut her eyes tight. Isa lamang siyang sampid sa inbox ko.

Maybe he can forget about her soon.

She's wishing for it to happen later.