CHAPTER 3

Leila waved at Aila and Jo again before stepping in at their school service. They kept walking while Aila was telling her stories. She's even giggling beside her. Jo was nodding but she doesn't listening at her. She's deciphering what Leila told awhile ago.

We need to talk as soon as possible.

A talk. Jo was having a hard time figuring what kind of talk show Leila is planning to do with her. She feels like an idiot searching an answer from above. She's wishing for the moment that if ever Leila talks to her again, she's ready to open her uncertainties as well.

"Oh my god Jo! Are you listening to me?!"

Aila's mad face knocked Jo out. Oh well, she looks disappointed just to find Jo wasn't listening to her love story about Koreans.

"Yes? I am?" Jo answered incredulously.

"Is that even an answer?" she scowled. "Well, I see it more as a question."

"Peace!" Jo retorted.

"Tch."

"Hey, that's my line dude!"

"Fine!"

Aila pouted her lips which gave Jo a small laugh. She finds it cute to see Aila doing that thing she never does before.

"Funny huh?" Aila scolded her. Her hands were on her hips. She looks like Madame Maxeme when someone falls asleep on her subject.

"Hey, I didn't laugh. I just... pfft... smirked?"

"Almost close Miss."

"Don't call me Miss!"

"Anong gusto mo? Mister?!"

"Better."

Aila was surprised to hear Jo saying that. She knows Jo has a little personality of being boyish, but admitting that she prefers Mister than Miss is now a different thing. She chose to remain silent.

"Eh, ano nga ba ulit yung sinasabi mo?" Jo asked scratching her head. She cannot stand Aila's term of silence. Aila just turned her back and faced her hand at Jo.

"Talk to the hand," she replied and walked away. Napamaang na lamang si Jo.

Tama ba namang iharap niya yung panget niyang palad sa napakagwapo kong mukha?! Jo wonders anxiously. Well, she calls herself handsome rather than beautiful. She ran towards her and snatched her bag. Aila looked shocked.

"What are you doing huh?!" she yelled.

"Sorry," Jo said shortly without looking at her.

Aila smiled. Yeah, she just saw it on her peripheral vision. She smiled, trying not to laugh. She doesn't know what's wrong with her but she finds her expression distracting.

"Stop smiling, you idiot!"

Aila burst into laugh. "I don't know but you look so cute every time you say that word! Can't you repeat it?"

"What?!" she asked at the top of her lungs.

"That "sorry" word of you!" she said annoyingly.

Jo never said "sorry" before, except for close friends. She looked at Aila through gritted teeth. Aila, on the other hand, enjoying the scene, pulled her notebook and pen from her bag and started jotting down.

"Ho-hoy! Anong dinodrawing mo jan?!" Jo yelled even though she knows Aila doesn't know how to draw. "Make sure my face is perfect there, huh!"

Aila ignored her.

"I don't want to see my face frowning there like I ate a kilo of salt or else, I'll make your face a drawing book!"

Aila scowled and put her hands again on her hips. She looks undeniably distressed against Jo's flippancy.

"Hindi naman ako nagdadrawing Jo eh!" she said before continuing what she's doing. "I'm writing! And do not ever expect me to draw because you already know it is not my ability!" she said emphasizing the word "not".

Ability ability pang nalalaman! Jo murmured. "Eh ano bang sinusulat mo jan?"

"8th of February, present year, at exactly 5:49pm, Jo said the word "sorry"," she sniggered. "Wala lang. Nilista ko lang para hindi ko makalimutang sabihin kay Jean!"

Jo flushed botchily scarlet. She knows Jean will annoy her when she found out. She's easily to tease but can't imagine herself throwing cuss to Aila and Jean for they are her only friends existing.

"You know what?" she faced her. '"I want to saw your neck and throw it on a blazing flame!"

Okay, she didn't cuss but she threatens her which gave Aila a loud laugh. Jo was burning in anger now. She stopped from walking and left Aila walk alone.

"Will you please stop laughing, you loser!" she exclaimed. "God, if you wanna spend your time laughing at me, then you might just die!"

She dropped Aila's bag.

Then walked away.