CHAPTER 5

Jo went to her cousin's house first thing on Saturday morning. She didn't go to school. She was lazy to do so. That instead of staying inside that four-cornered hell, she rather do her project and pass it ahead of time. She's planning to conduct the interview through phone call. She smiled at the thought with an impression of thanking herself for living in a modern era. She borrowed Chaddy's phone and dialed the number of her Lolo Tops.

"Hey, who are they?"

The teenage voice on the other line surprised Jo. Is she Lolo Tops's daughter? But that's impossible.

"Hello po? Si Jo po ito. Kumusta po?"

"Ba't ka natawag kay Tops? Sino ka ga?"

Jo's forehead was frowning. The voice was angry at her now.

"Ate niya 'to. Ba't ka natawag sakanya? Ano bang kailangan mo?"

Ate? She asked mentally. How come Lolo Tops has a teenage sister? She scowled deeply. The girl on the other line makes her brain confused.

"Ah, sorry po. Wrong dial lang po siguro ako. Sensya na po."

She finally told her then hung up the phone. She gave it back to Chaddy then rushed to the nearest store to buy a ticket load. She checked the digits that she dialed. It's absolutely correct. But then, why it was in a possession of a girl? A teenage girl specifically.

<<._> cNu ka qa? bAt ka ntawAq kay thopsZ?>>

<<._> barkaDa kba nEa? atE nea to.>>

<<._> waG kna nqa tTawaq dt0.>>

Three messages fell in. Jo replied.

<<are you sure na siya anq may ari nq diqits na ean?>>

<<._> dhiL sau, nqbreak cLa nunq qf nea. waq kna mqTex dTo.>>

Jo's eyes widen. She keeps on asking herself who possibly is this girl. She tried to check the number again. Again and again. It was then that she realized her Lolo Tops' phone was lost months ago.

"Hindi kaya ito ngayon yung nakapulot?'' she asked herself.

<<hoi, anq kpal mu nman. bakit nasayo cp nq lolo ko? number nea ean eh. ibalik mu na skanya ean.>>

As she sends the message, she ran nerves to cancel it. She knows it would be rude to accuse someone you are not sure of. Though it is true that this girl stepped on her pride.

<<cqe pu. enxa na sa disturbance. wronq dial lanq pu ako.>>

After sending it, she didn't reply again. She borrowed her Papa's phone. She scrolled his phonebook and searched for his Lolo Tops' number.

She's right.

He has changed his number.