Chapter 12: Betrayal

Windstone's POV

I ripped off the communicator and growled, punching the Autobot door one last time before turning around.

Stupid Autobots! I didn't need them!

Running through the woods. Panting. Energon leaking.

I winced. The memory purges were random and foreign. Obviously there was a few parts of my memory not yet returned, but I would be fine.

I transformed and drove off, torward the one place I knew someone would find me. I've spent enough time around humankind and obviously the Autobots care more about an insignificant alien than their own master scout.

After everything I've done for them, they betray me for some creature. Some disgusting fleshbag.

I arrived at the blown up gas station and transformed. No doubt it was being closely monitored by my old enemies.

I grinned, watching as a groundbridge spawned. Vechicons poured out and surrounded me, along with three of Alias's hunter enemies.

I put my hands up, "I've come to make a deal."

The three hunters all spoke at the sams time, "We will never accept your deal should you wish to let the human live."

My grin widened and I put down my hands, "Then it's a good thing I'm not particularly keen on protecting the stupid wretch."

They exchanged glances, "What exactly is your deal?"

"I let you "capture" me and then, you can use me as bait. No doubt the Autobots and Alias will come running. You'll use that opportunity to kill her once the trap is sprung and Megatron can take down the Autobots." I explained.

"What's in it for you?" They asked.

I laughed, "Get me off this soft planet."

Another groundbridge opened and another silver titan stepped through.

"Windstone. Soundwave informed me that he had returned some of your memories." Megatron said, "And it seems your natural hate for aliens has returned."

"I would have been willing to put that dislike aside if the Autobots han't of chosen one of them over me. A master scout." I growled.

Megatron grinned, "Well in that case, welcome to the Nemesis."

He stepped to the side and motioned to the groundbridge. The vechicons stepped away as I walked forward and into the swirling blue mass.

Optimus's POV

"Optimus! Windstone's signal is back online!" Ratchet called.

Alias perked up from her place on the couch and looked over, hopeful eyes standing out from a tired and sad face.

Windstone was gone by the time we returned and Ratchet informed me that his communicator was left outside base.

Despite how Windstone treated her, Alias was still heartbroken and hoped that he would come back unharmed.

I frowned. His knowledge was dangerous in the hands of the Decepticons and Alias didn't want him to die. Those were the only reasons I would ever bring back that bot into the base again.

"Open a groundbridge. Autobots, roll out." I ordered.

"Optimus. Should we really bring him back after..." Arcee trailed off, nodding her head toward Alias.

No.

"Windstone is still our ally and it is our duty to protect him." I told her.

She frowned, but gave me a curt nod.