Chapter 15: Deception

I found Megatron's holoform^^

Optimus's POV

I heard a sudden screech of metal as Alias stood up.

"Someone what!?" She exclaimed.

"General Bryce himself doesn't know who. He said when he came into his office this morning, a file was sitting on his table." Agent Fowler said, pulling a file from his suit.

Alias jumped off the railing and glided over. Fowler pulled the file away before she could grab it.

"You said you forgot everything from before you met Nickname?" Fowler asked.

"Windstone. Yes. Don't worry, I won't go psycho like him if I figure it out." She said bitterly.

"It's not that Alias. I read the file before calling you guys back. It's not pretty." He told her.

She frowned, "Nothing ever is."

He handed her the file, "Don't read it yet."

She nodded and held it in her hand as Fowler looked back at me.

"MECH is the main root of all of this. They know more about her than we thought, because someone obviously knows more than we do." Fowler said, motioning toward the file.

"Who else would know things that aren't their business?" Ratchet frowned.

"My old computer." Alias muttered.

"I'd think you knowing everything about the Autobots and I was somewhat reasonable considering the circumstances." Fowler told her.

She nodded, "I'm just that cool."

He gave her a look before looking over at Raf, "And how is this going?"

Fowler walked toward Raf and away from Alias, who looked down at her file with both interest and annoyance.

She headed for the elevator and I followed.

"Hey Optimus. You want to know all of my dark secrets?" She asked lightly.

"Not particularly." I replied.

She scoffed, "My dark secrets are very interesting."

"Should I assume that you have metal wings and a magical sword and armour?" I asked her.

"Well, that's not fair." She huffed as we walked out onto the base roof.

Alias sat down on the edge and I followed suit. She stared at the closed file for a moment, thinking.

"Alias, whatever is in that file, it does not define you." I told her.

"I know, but you'd think Nickname's past didn't define him either. At least not until he joined the Decepticons." She said.

"That's different. He had a whole life to remember and... you wouldn't betray us." I told her.

"Nickname was my only friend for years, Optimus. Why do you think I wouldn't betray you to join him?" She asked.

"Because I have faith that you are better than he was." I answered.

"I'm no better than him. I'm no better than anyone." She sighed.

"That is not true. You are one of the- You are the bravest human I have ever met and your heart is just as kind as anyone else's." I told her.

She smiled, "Well, it's nice to know someone thinks that."

"Everyone thinks that." I told her.

"Windstone doesn't." She said bitterly.

"No, but he was a fool for leaving you." I said.