Chapter 14: Sparks

Optimus's POV

"Exposed energon." Ratchet told me.

I nodded, turning around and looking at the others.

"Here comes the iconic Optimus Prime line." Alias told Raf while smirking.

I rolled my eyes, "Autobots, let's go."

Alias scoffed, glaring at me playfully before flying over and landing on my shoulder.

"Let's roll out!" She said happily.

I transformed and drove through the portal, the others behind me.

In front of us, was a medium sized mountain. A cave was seen in the side, but it was too small for most Decepticons to fit in.

"You think some humans found energon?" Bumblebee asked.

"Perhaps. Ratchet, call Agent Fowler and tell him to evacuate the area." I told them.

A few humans with gray masks on walked out of the cavern, driving trucks full of energon cubes.

"It's MECH!" Bulkhead hissed angrily.

I felt Alias shift uncomfortably and I rotated my mirror to look at her. She stared through the window blankly for a moment before shaking her head.

"Who is MECH?" She asked.

"A bunch of ex-miltary human criminals. They've been involved in our past endeavors and not in a good way." I explained.

Wait. Didn't Ratchet explain this to her when she met Agent Fowler for the first time?

"They tore Breakdown apart." Bulkhead growled.

"Breakdown, but didn't he die from MECH? I mean- oh. Nevermind." She shook her head again.

I saw Bumblebee rotate his mirrors and look through my window at the girl. She was acting strange.

"So are we going to attack or what?" Arcee asked.

"We will engage." I replied before transforming.

"What if they have... um..." Alias trailed off as she landed on my shoulder once again.

"Have what?" Bulkhead asked.

"Um, I don't remember..." She frowned.

Arcee shrugged, "It's fine."

Bumblebee and I shared a look of concern. Both of us knew her better than to believe the intelligent hacker and warrior human would have two buffering cycles within the same ten minutes.

I frowned, before looking at the MECH men. We would address this with Ratchet discreetly after we took care of this.

"Autobots, attack." I ordered before we charged.

The three trucks driving immediately sped up and Alias jumped off my shoulder, diving toward them and landing on one.

I grabbed the back of one truck while Bulkhead grabbed the last.

Alias threw the driver out and knocked the other guy unconscious.

Arcee grabbed the men in my truck while Bumblebee did the same with Bulkhead's.

"How did you find the energon?" Arcee demanded.

The man remained silent and she shook him, "We have all day."

The man hesitated, "Downloaded the information off of Breakdown's processor."

Bumblebee tossed his on the truck and walked over as Alias punched hers unconscious.