Chapter 13: Escape

Alias's POV

"Are you sur-" I yelped as Optimus slammed his knee down on my chain and it yanked me toward the wall.

I just barely avoided being squished, but when I looked down, the chain has been broken.

I grinned, "Well that answers the question."

"My apologies for the yank." Optimus said.

I rolled my eyes, "Meh."

I ran over to him and climbed up his knee until I was right next to his chained hands. Unlike me, Optimus's hands simply had stasis cuffs. He could move his fingers.

Fingers that could crush my cuffs.

Optimus carefully positioned his big fingers before squeezing. Almost immediately, the metal popped and I wiggled out.

"Well done." I told him, summoning my sword and slicing the stasis cuffs off of his hands.

He stood up carefully and I got a good look at his back. Knockout did a horrible job. Stupid Decepticon scum.

We went to the door and Optimus lifted me up and slid me through the bars. I quickly inserted my sword into the keyhole and jabbed it around like a manic.

The lock popped off and Optimus quickly stepped through.

"You know where to?" I asked.

He frowned, "If they can't open a groundbridge on their own ship, we most likely will never make it. But Ratchet will be able to detect our signal if we get far enough away from the ship."

"Well, Optimus, that would be great if the Nemesis wasn't thousands of feet in the air or you could fly." I told him dully.

Optimus rolled his eyes, "Ratchet can groundbridge us to base if we jump off the side of the ship."

I scoffed, "And if they aren't in the base?"

"Do you have a better idea?"

I frowned.

Optimus smiled softly and nodded, before continuing down the hallway. I heard foot steps ahead and Optimus paused, drawing is blaster.

I put my hand on it, "Don't. Knockout didn't give you much energon. If you shoot, chances are, you'll just pass out again."

He nodded and I stepped off his hand, quickly zipping around the corner.

Three vechicons spotted me and raised their blasters, but I ducked and tucked my wings, diving into his chest and stabbing through his spark chamber. The vechicon stumbled back as I leapt off and attacked the other.

Just as I finished, Optimus had knocked the other out.

I glared at him, "You could have reopened your wound."

"You could have died." He told me.

"You could have died." I replied.

"But you could have died." He smirked.

"But- but- Oh just shut up!" I exclaimed, flying up to his shoulder.

Optimus chuckled softly before walking forward again.

It wasn't long until I heard a few creepy and familiar voices.

"-smell grows stronger."

"They communicate with each other instantly. Optimus turn back." I hissed.

Optimus nodded and turned around, running as fast as he could without being loud.

Which, was kind of slow, but whatever.