Overwhelmed in Orbit

Door sliding shut without hinting anyone else in the castle, Princess Peach was at last able to set to work solving the puzzle that had drifted through her insufficiently distracted mind all day. Heavy purple pillowcase landing heavy upon her bed; the princess moments later dumped out the clattering, metallic objects onto her comforters to examine them uninterrupted. "They seem like some sort of set, but, what do they do?" Peach asked herself as her hands attempted to arrange the golden articles in any sort of pattern. Sliding them across the bed without any sound to be heard, the princess nearly jumped out of her peachy skin as a crinkling sound emerged from beneath one the pieces. Lifting it up off the surface of the bed; a tiny, crumpled note she had not noticed before came into view. Nearly needing to squint to read the tiny, fancy handwriting, the heart of the princess was suddenly over the moon as she confirmed that Bowser was in fact not involved with this at all.

Dear Princess Peach:

Sorry for the lack of instructions, and sorry if I scared anyone with the self-flying Starshroom, I just hope that we can see each other again shortly. In this pillowcase (one of mine that really needs a wash, sorry) you'll find five gold fragments that will make coming to see me much easier. Be sure to assemble them by midnight, and I promise you'll not be disappointed.

Rosie ;)

P.S: be sure to be near an open window when you use it! These things are pretty powerful, and I don't want you getting hurt.

Squeezing her body pillow so tightly that she could almost hear it squeak, the heart of Princess Peach once again became weightless as she realized that her dream come true was in fact able to continue for another consecutive night; well, it would if she could figure this puzzle out. "Rosie said they assemble into something..." Peach began, scratching her head as she continued to arrange the pieces. "They kinda look like they'll fit together in the middle like this." Releasing a sharp, joyous gasp of success as the golden fragments tugged themselves together, the princess's joy was short-lived as she stepped back with worry. Watching as the fragments began to spin around wildly before her, the flashing lights that blinded the princess moments later settled down quickly to allow her eyes to focus on a new sight to behold.

"So that's what they assemble into? A really big star?" Peach asked herself as she approached the rather massive, golden star, which somewhat resembled a rather large holiday ornament as it hovered in the middle of her bedroom. Being nearly ten feet in diameter, the golden star featured a rather elegant series of rotating parts within it, which aided to rotate it towards her rather large bedroom window. "Rosie said to open my window before I use it," Peach continued, sliding her shutters open before approaching the center of the massive star, "but what exactly does...WAHHHH!" Losing her bearings and footing as she spun around rapidly for a moment, the mushroom princess could only hang onto her own long, blonde hair for dear life as she was hurled outward through her window and into the moonlit sky at unmeasurable speeds. Wind surprisingly having no effect on her hair and face, the atmosphere was left behind her as her body experienced no changes in temperature. Still able to breathe normally; Peach at last gained a sense of where she was headed as the bright blue glow of the Comet Observatory came into view ahead.

________________________________________________________________________________

Feeling a breath of relaxation and amazement releasing from her inner soul as her feet touched down safely, the hush blowing through the fresh grass in the meadows outside the gate soothed her mind to the point where she no longer needed to catch her breath from the launch up here. "A launch star," Peach spoke to herself, "What a spectacular invention!" "Thank you," a familiar, heart-soaring voice sounded out from just behind the princess, "I hope it didn't cause you too much distress." "Rosie! So great to see you again!" Peach cried out; arms outstretching as she spun around to swiftly drag the cosmic princess into a tight hug, "I was worried I wouldn't get a chance to make it back up here!" Smiling warmly with a smile that made Peach's heart feel nearly weightless, Rosalina offered her hand to lead Peach once again towards the gate. "I only hope that tonight we get a chance to finish what we missed out on last night." "Me too!" Peach spoke, face glowing with her signature joy that rubbed off into Rosalina's own illuminated heart. "Well then, the gate is open!" Rosalina spoke, walking hand-in-hand with the mushroom princess to begin another night filled with dreams coming true.