Epilogue

"Well, that's official," Peach declared upon verifying Bowser's huge, messy signature upon the massive document, "this agreement states a permanent unification of our kingdoms, bringing us all one step closer to putting everything behind us." "I'm glad for that," Bowser agreed as he stepped back from the throne to give Peach space from his breath, "I'm surprised you got that finalized in only seven weeks." "Well, I can't say I didn't have help," Peach spoke affectionately as she smiled up to her girlfriend, standing beside the throne as she watched history in the making, "We're both pretty good at this." "How long are you planning to rule here?" Bowser asked kindly, "After all, my castle is empty now, and I don't want your people or mine to feel abandoned." "Where are you going?" Rosalina kindly asked, her tone gentle to avoid upsetting Bowser, "I thought you'd be here forever." "Well, even though Koopas my size generally live to be over two-hundred," Bowser explained, "I've waisted enough of those years doing nothing but screwing with people's lives, so I think it's time I get down to it and clean up my mess." "That's a wonderful thing to do!" Peach agreed, "I think you and Junior will really enjoy that!" "That's just the thing," Bowser continued, "I'm gonna teach him how good it feels to lift people up instead of weighing them down; we're gonna travel the universe with my big spaceship and rebuild all the communities and planets I screwed up, finally putting my father's blood money to some good use."

"Your father would be proud of you," Rosalina spoke calmly, smiling back toward Bowser as he himself was just able to grin softly. "No, he wouldn't," Bowser replied, not upset about stating the truth, "but I'm leaving him in the past, because I'm proud of myself, for breaking the cycle and benefiting my kind for the better." "There you go!" the two princesses spoke in perfect sync, "We wish you the best of your travels!" "Thanks, your Highnesses," Bowser spoke once more, "I'll hopefully get a chance to see you again, but just in case I don't, I want you both to spend eternity giving people second chances, like you did with me, because doing that can really change a lot of lives." "Thanks, Bowser," Peach replied warmly. "And don't worry about the kingdoms," Rosalina added, "the Lumas have the observatory for the next decade or so, so we'll be staying here at least until then." "Then, once we find a successor," Peach completed, "We'll be off to travel the universe together. In fact, as a wedding gift, we may just leave Daisy and Linn this whole domain! They'd rule it very well together." "You bet they would," Bowser agreed as he began to turn to exit, "I'm glad my people are in good hands. Until then; best wishes ladies, thanks again." Bowser spoke kindly, making his way from the throne room as pots and paintings rattled and shook. With the loud, heavy footsteps out of sight, Peach and Rosalina were at last able to release a huge, liberating exhale for each of their systems.

"Well, it's done," Rosalina spoke, her voice so light and free that it lifted the weight of Peach's chest very easily. "We'll, our day's not over yet!" Peach replied enthusiastically as she bounced up to hug her girlfriend, "we're gonna have to finish packing quick if we're gonna make the wedding!" "Already done!" Rosalina smiled as she flicked her wand to allow a few huge suitcases to appear out of thin air, "I'll send them right now to our hotel in New Donk City, since they'll just slow us down in travel." Smiling brightly as the bags disappeared once again, Princess Peach was able to happily take her lover by the hand as they made their way to the garden. "I've heard mayor candidate Pauline herself will be blessing the marriage!" Peach stated with great joy, "Won't that be something to see!" "Oh, for sure!" Rosalina agreed as the doors to the garden were folded open, "We'll have to see for ourselves when we get there!" Stepping calmly side by side to the center of the courtyard; the gigantic launch star before them reflected the light of the afternoon sun like a powerful trophy for them both to enjoy. "Have a great time, you two!" Malcom waved from just beside the enormous star. "Same from me, Princesses!" Sherman pipped in himself. Turning to face each other again, the pair of immortal princesses smiled warmly as they gazed into each other's eyes once again. "You ready?" Rosalina asked Peach. "To fly off to Daisy's wedding?" Peach asked in return. "Not just that," Rosalina replied warmly, "are you ready to start the next chapter of our lives together?" "The next chapter of eternity, huh?" Peach spoke with slight giggles, "In that case, with you by my side, I'm more than ready."

Hugging each other tightly before parting shortly after, the princess duo spent another few, powerful seconds gazing into each other's eyes. And not a second later, after stepping into the star's center together, the powerful couple soared off into the summer sky with their futures and dreams secured in each other's hearts.