Desserts and Declarations

"Where in the world did you get this recipe, Bowser!?!" Daisy exclaimed as she nearly spat shortcake all over the tectonic table, "I'd better hold off before I hit a sugar high!" "I think that's wise, considering all the cake you've already crushed," Peach giggled as she stared across the table to Daisy, nearly ten feet away and partially hidden behind towering plates of sweets. "Oh, I feel you there, Daisy!" Rosalina chimed in from directly beside Peach, "I'm gonna pass out soon if I eat another bite of that shrimp!" "All of you sure can eat!" Bowser laughed from the head of the table, his face stained with hot sauce and chicken as he finished off yet another platter, "I used to think I could eat like a king! Wow, that must have been a week's worth of sweets there, Daisy!" "Well-a, you-a know what they-a say," Mario added from his spot behind the gigantic cake near the edge of the table, "Don't-a let others control-a your-a decisions-a." "Well, unless your decisions almost start wars," Bowser spoke once more after slamming his barrel-sized cup down beside him, ensuing a rather increased rate of laughter from around the room.

Several minutes passing with just eating, laughing, and outright just having a great time, Princess Peach Toadstool really could call the first step toward ending her inner fears and making peace with all of the Koopa Kingdom a success. With her stomach tight and her head nearly weightless to match her heart, the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom could now gently release each and every knot in her stomach as harmony was at last restored fully to her life. "I don't know about all of you," she spoke calmly as she nearly slid down out of the massive chair she rested in, "But I'd call tonight a huge success." "Oh, we're not done here!" Bowser pointed out, "just wait until you see what I've got in the other room!"

________________________________________________________________________________

With the electric lights providing a rather sharp, blinding alternative to the usual torchlight, the room illuminated when Bowser flicked the switch revealed another truth about the King of Koopas. With the ceilings maintaining their usual fifteen-foot heights, the lower parts of the walls showcased sights that brought about serious new plans for the rest of the night. With a huge screen suited for a movie theatre, the gigantic entertainment room came complete with a plush, brown sofa the size of a bus and lush, deep grey carpet that blended well with the stone of the rest of the castle. Rose wood forming the cabinets and tables, the powerful, upbeat entertainment system came complete with more nobs and dials than the flying saucer's control panel. With all the brown, grey and black, the sight of a rather familiar white, slanted console just below the TV evoked massive, joyous smiles of the faces of the humans in the room. With its four long, white controllers charging up next to it while a messy stack of games coated the floor in front of the console, the spiffy white machine looked to be brand new, which was in deed a surprise given the way the Koopa's likely handled it. "Hey, don't look at me!" Bowser spoke to defend himself, "Junior broke the GameCube last week playing Smash Bros! What was I supposed to do? Besides, this thing is the latest greatest! Just try it out!"

"Oh, just-a you wait-a," Mario spoke, competitive streak showing in his voice as he pressed the power button after grabbing a remote and a rather bulky, plastic steering wheel, "I've-a been-a practising a lot-a lately!" "Oh, just you wait there!" Peach giggled, "I'm sure Daisy will..." Pausing when she came to realize that the Princess of Sarasaland was in fact nowhere in the room; Peach's silence went relatively unnoticed, allowing her to slip quickly from the room without causing a fuss. Finding it rather odd to be able to roam the halls of Bowser's Castle freely and safely, Princess Peach shook her mind clear of all distractions as she began her hunt for her missing cousin. Making nearly half a dozen wrong turns as she navigated her way back to the dining room, the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom began to worry she'd need to search all night before her ears were able to pick up a faint nose in the distance. Following it down the long, dim halls as it revealed itself as speech, Peach arrived at the source just as the final words were being uttered.