1.7

Luke's smirk grew and his blue eyes intensified, boring into mine. He nodded, and shut the door behind him.

I hardly had time to react before Luke crossed the threshold between us and his hands flew to my waist, backing me up to the wall behind us. "When was the last time I kissed you?"

"Um," I struggled to think with Luke being so close to me. "In front of the receptionist in Raleigh?"

Luke groaned, holding my body even tighter to his. "That's too fucking long."

Without waiting for a response, Luke crashed his lips onto mine, moving them expertly against them. I kissed him back, my hands braiding themselves into his hair as I pulled him tighter against me, missing this.

"I've been wanting to do this for way too long," Luke mumbled against my lips and I moaned in response.

Part of my mind was still racing to catch up with what was going on. But the other was filled with some crazy mix of lust and adrenaline, two feelings I only ever felt around Luke. Luke ran his tongue over my bottom lip and I complied, allowing him to deepen the kiss.

"Too fucking long," he murmured, breaking away to reattach his lips to my neck.

"Luke," I groaned at the feel of the cool metal of his lip ring pressed against my skin. I let my hands slide down grip the fabric of the shirt he changed into with one hand and hold onto his toned upper arm with the other. Luke chuckled into my neck at the sound of his name leaving my lips.

Luke's hands traveled up my shirt, tracing shapes into my skin before he began to lift it up. I gasped, that other part of my mind finally coming up to par with what was going on.

Luke broke away, resting his forehead against mine. "Is this too fast?"

"Um," I struggled to catch my breath and think. "No, you're okay."

I could hear the doubt in my voice and my mind was working to find all the cons to doing this.

"What's wrong?" Luke said, dropping his hand from my shirt so that he could hold mine. "I can tell there's something wrong."

"I don't know," I furrowed my brows and glanced away, a disturbing question nagging at me.

"Melanie," Luke moved his head so he could see my eyes again. "Tell me."

"Is this all just to make up for the action you're not getting with that girl tonight?" The question came out in a rush. I bit my lip and looked away again, wishing I hadn't said that.

One of Luke's hands rose to cup my cheek, turning my face towards him. "Melanie, no," he breathed. "Of course not."

I didn't say anything. I wasn't sure if I believed him.

"Melanie, the reason the plan didn't work for me is because I didn't want it to." Luke said, his thumb brushing my cheek. Gently, Luke pressed his lips to mine. "We don't have to go all the way, I'm okay with that."

I looked into his eyes, searching for some trace of something that would give him away, to prove he was lying, but I couldn't find anything. He was telling the truth. I nodded and leaned forward, reconnecting our lips.

Luke responded immediately, using both of his hands to hold my face. This time, I ran my tongue over his bottom lip, slowly swiping it over the cool metal.

"You're too fucking pretty for this to just be a one night stand." Luke moaned out as I deepened the kiss.

"You and I both know this won't be the only time," I mumbled, hardly thinking and too wrapped up in the feel of Luke's lips.