Chapter 4: The Meetup Pt.1

Mugman was pacing around, nervous about Elder Kettle waking up and seeing what they did to his lucky tire. Cuphead was trying his best to fix it but it was still deflated. Every attempt he made, Mugman's anxiety increased. He took Cuphead's arm, "We shouldn't cause any more damage than we already have with his tire, Cuphead. Maybe we should just confessed, he will wake up any minute-"
"No way! We started this and we gotta do what is right," Cuphead persisted.
"By continuing to ruin his tire? Look at it," Mugman pointed, "It looks like it came from the lake and has been there for a good 100 years or more. I still don't see anything special about this thing but it means the world to our dearest Kettle."
"Which is why we- (Y/N)! She is going to fix it! (Y/N)!" Cuphead ran up to you as Mugman did the same. "Where the heck have ya been?!" You handed Cuphead the duct tape which he took right away.

"I got lost on a path but managed to walk my way to the stores downtown," you replied.

"How did you get lost? Did you take the graveyard, to the forest, and then to the exit?" Mugman shrugged.

"Yeah... How the heck did you even guess that?"

"Cuphead and I did the same." Mugman turned around, seeing that Cuphead finally fixed the tire. "You did it! Nice work! Now let us get this lucky wheel in the shed before he sees it out-"
"Oh boys! Finally, gotten that nap I needed!" Elder Kettle headed straight for the doorknob, opening it slowly.
"Quick! Put it in the shed!" Cuphead rolled it inside and Mugman proceeded to lock it. The two turned around as Elder Kettle came out. "Good afternoon, dearest Kettle!"
"It's so nice seeing you two behaving for once- oh, hello, (Y/N)! What are you doing here?" Elder Kettle came up to the fence.

"I just came by to say hello and hey, I was thinking, Ginger and you would be cute together to go on a date?" You giggled.

Elder Kettle, now seeing his cheeks shine red on his face, you know he felt steamed- in a lovey dovey way. He felt flustered, "Really? You don't say? Gee, (Y/N), I don't know. She seems like a busy lady taking care of you and Berry Mint."

Your eyes widened as he mentioned your sister. "Shhhh, don't talk about her. She isn't here, remember?"

"Oh, yeah, forgot. This old fellow can be quite forgetful, anyways, if Ginger wouldn't mind..." He coughed in his fist. "When would she be free and where would we go?"

You tapped your chin on that question. You didn't give it thought but an idea popped up. "Why don't you come over and talk to her or she could come over to talk to you. I bet she would love to see Cuphead and Mugman."

"Ooo, that would be perfect, wouldn't you agree, Mugsy?" Cuphead bumped Mugman's elbow.
"I couldn't agree more. What if she brought over gifts for us and read us stories! Remember how Ginger even helped Kettle that one time making us brunch? That was-"
The two in unison moaned by the tasty food that they remembered having back then. "Mmmmm, de-licious!"

"The boys apparently want her to drop by for a visit so I guess I wouldn't mind that. Cuphead, Mugman, I should look my best for her! I better get the spit shine and maybe wear something formal!"
"Say no more, Elder Kettle, we will make sure that your date with her goes smoothly!" Mugman helped Elder Kettle inside the house.
"Thanks so much, (Y/N)!" Cuphead waved to you before heading inside.

You smiled for that moment but then frowned. "I wonder who that person was that was running. I always had this feeling if... If that really is Minty. I wished she would just show herself and come home. What went wrong?"

Coming back to her house, Mystic pulled in the driveway. She saw the Root Pack gang waiting for her. She grabbed the bag of soil one by one. "Oh boy, these are very heavy but should be enough for you boys."