Chapter 8: There you are!

"I got everything, Ginger. I am all ready for this journey. I sure hope that Minty doesn't make it difficult. She looked upset after meeting me last night." Ginger packed you food for the trip. "Thanks, I'm definitely going to need it for a rest stop."

"I want you to be prepared. Please, be careful. I worry for you both." Ginger kissed your cheek.

"I will. Ginger, that Devil guy I mentioned... What does he want? He was obviously going after me and my mother."

"I already told you, I don't know and you've done nothing wrong. I believe I have a hunch that Moira did something that must have had her in debt to him. She must have made him very, very angry to the point that he wants you as well to get back at her. But that is my theory."

"Could you try to maybe... Use your magic to figure this out?"

"I stopped using magic but if I were to do it again, I could perform the arts of scrying. Scrying is a powerful tool to help me seek the answers I desire to know. I was skeptical about that part of divination but I am willing to try."

"Scrying?" You never heard of this before.

"Scrying is another word for looking into a reflective surface, a known tool used for this would be a crystal ball. As I said, I will give it a shot. I should study my books again. (Y/N), take care. I love you." You hugged Ginger before heading off and waving at her.

Mystic had already awakened and was dressed up, ready to go to her shop. Elinora took her hand as they headed out. "Now it is okay to feel nervous around others, I felt that way, too," Mystic reassured. "You'll enjoy the shop and it shouldn't be long. I need to work in the greenhouse today."

"I am so excited! Wow!" Elinora had stars in her eyes seeing the neighborhood. "Mystic, it feels so lively here!" Elinora flew happily but she took Mystic in the sky by mistake.

"WOAH! Elinora, please don't drop me!" Mystic held on.

"Oh, sorry! I couldn't help but to feel super duper happy!" She safely flew back down. "I really needed this, Mystic. I hated to stay down in the Underworld forever. It is my home but I always wanted to explore new horizons."

"Hehehe, I am glad to spend my time showing you everything." Mystic and Elinora arrived in town. Passing by, some folks noticed Elinora which made them gasp in shock. They knew that when the Devil's minion was around, Old Scratch would be close by. Elinora took note of the stairs which made her look down in shame. Mystic saw the stares. "Elinora, is everything okay? I noticed the staring from others."

"Remember, I am in the underworld therefore, they would see me as bad luck because of my boss. He's the Devil. Maybe it was a bad idea coming up here..." Elinora felt bad.

"No, no, Elinora, it's okay. I don't mind your presence."

"I never could understand, how could you stand me? I am bad news."

"I don't think you are at all. You are such a sweet imp." Mystic opened the door to her shop. Elinora walked in. "Sure... You work with the D-Devil but it doesn't mean I won't be nice to you. You have been respectful to me. You showed no ill intent to cause harm."

"You're right but I just worry. What if I do get caught? My boss won't be happy about this." Elinora paced around, feeling tension rising high. If her boss did find out, she could get hurt or even... Her new friend would.

Mystic bent down to her level. "Elinora, you'll be okay."

"I- but I wouldn't-" Elinora had to calm herself. "You're right. I am sure he bought my excuse on why I wanted to come up here. Nothing to worry about, hehehe?" She was nervous. "So where is the greenhouse?"