Chapter 19: Finding the Coven Pt.2

//So I decided that our parody song would be from "Snuff out the Light" from Yzma's deleted song from Kingdom of the Sun. I find it very catchy and it actually fits.//

From store to store, crowds, and the police even, you, Cuphead, and Mugman had some clues though they didn't add up to where the coven was located. Mugman looked through his notes. They looked like scribbles from how much he gathered. "Ah jeez, I don't understand. No leads."
"Maybe it's a puzzle?" Cuphead shrugged.
"Cuphead, that's it! Maybe we are missing something. We need to find our answer."

At the corner by a building, Louie was overhearing the conversation. "I wonder if these are Minty's friends?" He listened closely.

"You know who would have been good at solving puzzles? Minty," you stated.

"You're right, (Y/N)! But she's home, with Ginger. It would have been nice to have her tag along," Mugman sighed.

"I know but she needs to help Ginger." You looked down at the notes.

"It seems like you three need some help," Louie said but he was hidden. "Trying to find the coven, I see?"

"Yeah, what's it to ya? Do you have any idea where it is?" Cuphead went to follow the voice. He suddenly jumped as Louie popped out.

"Of course I do! I know my ways around this city and their place isn't an Easter egg."

You went up to the roach. "Really? What's the location?"

"You think that I would give you the location so easily? Hahaha! First, I need something in return. I want to visit an old friend of mine. Her name is Minty. Tell me where she is."

"Minty?!" You three shouted in confusion. "Why do you want to visit her?" You asked, crossing your arms. You didn't trust this at all.

Louie took off his hat and scratched the back of his head. "If you may know, I thought she would say her last words before she left. I took care of her on the streets when she ran off. Think of me like an uncle. I hope she is doing okay."

You were hesitant but you looked at the boys then back at Louie. You went up to the roach. "She is down in the forest, it's in a small neighborhood and she lives in a cottage. You better not be plotting any schemes."

Louie put all four of his hands up, "Cross my heart and hope to die!" He crossed his heart. "Now that you told me where she is, I will tell you where the coven's location is at." Louie dug into his jacket and gave you a little map. "Here, this is all I got. Note, you are gonna need a password to get into their secret lair. I don't know it so that is all I have for ya. Good luck and if you need me, just hum a tune!" Louie dived into the dumpster, disappearing.

You looked down at the map, "Okay, this seems simple. A password? I wonder. I doubt those witches will let us in freely if I were to say that I am the daughter of Moira."

"Do you think that the notes Mugman took have something? I did say it could be a puzzle."
"It could- could it? I just don't know-" You took the notepad away from Mugman and looked down at it. For some odd reason, you had a hunch on how to crack it. The words. You took a pen and thought for a moment.

"I feel like these letters here symbolize something." You crossed out the same letters. Then something kicked in after. "We just got to get rid of the vowels. Oh, don't you see guys? We just need to make a symbol! That's the password! It has to be!" You were quick on making the symbol. You showed the boys.

"Huh? You think that would work?" Mugman asked.

"I have a hunch that it will. Let's go!" You and the boys followed the location on the map. Eventually, you three arrived. The building before you didn't look like much. It was dark and there were torches that illuminated the path to the entrance. Cuphead and Mugman were scared to venture further but you held their hands. "Don't worry, we are in this together." You lead them to the door. You were feeling intimidated as well. You knocked on the door and waited. A slider on the door opened, eyes looking down on you three.