Chapter 14: Little Demon in Trouble

//"A Crooked Man" is from Babes in Toyland (1997). I decided to parody it for the Devil to sing so I thank the user devildog452 for helping me with the inspiration to write it.//

Mystic and Elinora walked around the fair, seeing the contestants and their plants lined up on each table. Mystic smiled but inside, she wanted to participate with them. "I wonder who will win this year?" Mystic said.

"I bet that rose will surely win!" Elinora was about to touch it but Mystic pulled her back.

"We shouldn't touch someone's belongings. We really don't want trouble. Let's go on some rides and play games, the contest will start in 30 minutes." Mystic took Elinora's hand and guided her to the many rides and games they had.

Meanwhile, Peter was following them. He had to keep himself even more hidden due to the crowd around the fair. He watched them like a hawk. In his mind, he kept debating if he should report this to his boss but he didn't want to rat out on his sister. Either way, they would both be in trouble. Mystic and Elinora went in line to head onto a ride. The crowd blocked Peter's path. An elephant bumped into him which had him landing near a man's feet. He got up, dusting off the dirt. "I am terribly sorry-" Peter's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when he saw the man. He wasn't a normal mortal- it was the DEVIL! "BOSS?! What are you doing here?" Peter shook in fear.

"I should be asking you the same question, PETER! Why are you wandering Inkwell?" The Devil picked him up by his tail. "Answer me or I will feed you to the flames!"

"I was following my sister! I was worried about her!" Peter shook in the Devil's grip. "Please spare me, Sir!" He whimpered as he flinched.

The Devil didn't see Elinora around. He looked back at Peter before vanishing with him back to the Underworld. "In case you were wondering, I was up there to find her but I decided to find you. How I knew, you could take an obvious guess."

"Sorry, Peter..." Henchman dabbled his fingers in guilt.

"I feel like you are hiding something from me and I demand to know what it is." The Devil leaned down, his glare was firm and menacing that it made Peter shrivel in fear.

Peter gulped, sweat droplets poured down. "I ditched my job only to ch-check on my sister and- I have to admit... She-" He bit his lips.

"She what?!"

"She... Lied. She wasn't doing anything bad up there. She is spending time with that mortal she claims that she would deliver to you. I was trying to do the right thing and bring her back." He put his head down in shame.

"WHAT?! ELINORA IS- Pfft, hahahaha hahahaha haaaa haha!" The Devil laughs crazily at the entire truth. "You're telling me that she befriended that sweet nature spirit? Hahaha, oh, that is humorous..." The Devil was calm for a moment.

"You're not m-mad?" Peter asked but then he backed up, flames engulfed his boss.

"OF COURSE I AM FURIOUS!! She left Hell to play silly games with a mortal! Why on Earth would she?!"

Peter shook in place again and flinched. "Because she wasn't happy! She just wanted to explore the world above us rather than being here and working!" He covered his head. Henchman put his hands to his lips, scared that Peter may get hurt.

The Devil looked as though he wanted to punish his subordinate for leaving regardless of the reason or excuse but he stopped. "Is that so?" he sighed, shaking his head as he walked over to his throne. "Where did I go wrong? No, no, I did nothing wrong. I raise an army of demons, they follow my work. I have two that don't follow orders. One that is a slacker just because she wants to have ffff-UN! And the other who ditches his duties because of his precious sister..." He walked over towards Peter, and a sudden instrumental began to play.

"🎤Apparently from what I've seen
My two demons are not having fun
Understand in the Underworld, there is work to be done🎤"
The Devil went up to Peter and guided him to another room where the other demons and imps were in.
"🎤I sit on my throne and rule as my minions never rest
That's why my operation is a success🎤"

He points to the monitors as the demons hummed.
"🎤Oh, what a evil man as the Devil🎤"

"Ah, yes."

"🎤There's nobody more despicable than he🎤"

"Oh, thank you, so much."

"🎤We agree that he's a devilish gent

They say his very mind is bent🎤"

He guided Peter up to the table with the Inkwell map displayed.
"🎤Each day I'm filled with nausea
Imagining (ugh) the love
Example, that girl and your sister
Frolicking and playing above🎤"

He used his trident and zapped an image in the air as it projected Mystic and Elinora laughing together.
"🎤Your sister will soon discover
That she should never trick me
Because that will cost her life dearly🎤"
He spit fire into the image as it burned Mystic and Elinora, causing Peter to panic.

The demons as they worked, sung.
"🎤Oh, what a evil man as the Devil
He is immoral and a soulless, greedy brute
True affection tends to make him very ill
For hatred is his greatest thrill🎤"

The Devil took Henchman's hands and danced with him.
"🎤You see, I love to cause some trouble
Bring Inkwell down to rubble
Make those yokels feel so much agony
I'll fill their hearts with darkness
Add sins and pain to that and let's
Not forget that Cup's soul belongs to me🎤"

The Devil went up to the mirror and waved at it, revealing you, Cuphead, and Mugman.
"You hear that, Cuphead! Your days are numbered!"

Lightning showed up as Peter jumped by it.
"🎤I won't forget another soul
That makes me ponder everyday
I have that mother's soul but that one got away
I searched far and wide, how could I miss that one?!
No matter, I will have them soon- just try to run🎤"
"Hit it, boys."

"🎤Oh, what a evil man as the Devil🎤"

"Absolutely!" The Devil grew in size as he grabbed Peter and the other demons.

The Demons looked at Peter.
"🎤I would advise you not to oppose him🎤"

"You're so quick to notice." He dropped everyone as he shrunk back to his original height.

"🎤'Tis no lie that he's a truly nasty guy
He devours every soul that's why🎤"

The demons and imps looked at the pictures of their boss devouring souls and other demons in each frame.
"🎤Oh, what a evil man as the Devil🎤"

"Horrifyingly true!" He swung as a spider on the ceiling and formed back to himself as he spun in glee.

"🎤There's nothing more warped than his philosophy🎤"

"Not even remotely close!" He got up in their face with a grin. He tapped his foot and used his tail as a baton.

"🎤We can plainly see why he's his only fan🎤"
"What a hairball!" The imp flew in the air, singing that only to be clonked in the noggin with his boss's trident which made his voice crack midway of the verse.

"🎤That Devil is an evil man!🎤"