Chapter 20: Close call! Or not...

//Okay so note here, I am trying to finish my other books so please, be patient on the next chapter. I can't speedrun chapters because then they are not interesting. I hate for my chapters to come out as garbage. So for now, this will not be the last chapter but a break until I get to Chapter 21. Anyway, thanks soooo much for the reads and favorites on this book. I very much appreciated it ^w^//

The witches joined hands in a circle. They surrounded a mirror with something that linked with the Devil. Closing their eyes, they concentrated as they began to chant words that sounded like they were backwards or from another language. The mirror started to glow and yellow eyes appeared before them. And just as the Devil within the Underworld was about to take a break before he takes off on his hunt for you and Cuphead, his mirror glowed. He walked up to it, sighing, "This better be good."

"It is, our lord!" Morgan said within the mirror. "Our Devil, it is so nice to see you and on a glorious day, too! We have a surprise~" The witches chuckled.

"Oh really? What is this surprise?"

"We have your two souls that you so desperately longed for; Cuphead and Moira's daughter, (Y/N)."

The Devil's ears perked up in excitement. He grinned in the happiest way that you could imagine. "TERRIFIC! You know, you saved me the time to go looking for them. I will be on my way in five minutes. And Morgan... Do NOT fail me." He waved his paw at the mirror. "Henchman, today is our lucky day."

"Is it the souls you have been searching for finally in your hands?" Henchman smiled.

"You are very correct, Henchman. Finally! I will get that Cup and (Y/N) once and for all! No more games! I am so tired of chasing souls. I do find it entertaining but then it gets very old when I can't get them!"

The phone rang and Henchman picked it up. "Oh boy, here we go. Boss? Stickler is on the phone. He said it is mandatory that you speak with him right away."

"Uuuugh, not that guy again. Must he bug me?! Eeeergh, the witches can wait then. It will only be a few minutes delay knowing Stickler's rambles..." The Devil grabbed his pitchfork (HAHAHA, yes, I know, I have finally said pitchfork a little more now. I swear, his pitchfork reminds me of a trident like King Triton's trident! Anyway)! And poofed away, teleporting into Stickler's office. "What do you want this time?! I have two souls that I have been waiting to capture!"

"I would like to inform you that a new rule has been made. I have finally fixed the soul counts in my audit book. Now then," Stickler turned the pages in the rule book. "Since you don't have the Cup's soul, I suggest that you retrieve it. At the stroke of midnight, his soul debt will end and you know what that means."

"WHAT?! No, that is unfair! You can't do that!" The Devil stomped over towards the geeky imp.

"I can! It is my job, Sir! As far as the other soul, you should be very lucky but I hate to wait as well. I will give you until 6 in the morning. You know our role and what we must follow. I follow your orders and I have to follow rules here. Every soul is accounted for! This time... Register it!" Stickler slams the book angrily.

The Devil grinded his sharp teeth, hissing at Stickler. "FINE! I will be back in a few..." The Devil headed over towards the elevator. "Henchman!"

Henchman came in and went straight towards the elevator. "I know the drill, Boss. First stop, the coven!" He pulled the lever and the elevator closed before turning into flames.

***

Louie finally arrived at Ginger's house. He was happy to see Berry Mint but she was with someone. "That must be that teapot they were mentioning," he whispered. "I better be careful. Everyone wants to get me..." Louie bounced his way before flying quietly towards some bushes- that was a mistake. He yelped in pain by the thorns. It was a rose bush! Ginger and Berry Mint jumped.