A/N One Hell of a Dream Theory

Hello everyone! I am so glad to see my book getting a lot of reads, favorites, and saved to reading lists. Fills my heart and soul with happiness. I am happy to announce if you guys are following the show on Netflix, Season 2 will be released on August 19th- my birthday, by the way! I am so freaking excited! Hopefully it airs on that day anyway. As far as for the Cuphead DLC, the visuals look improved and the bosses are a challenge worth to tread. It launched on June 30th and I bought it right away. I LOVE IT! I have beat the first two bosses; Moonshine Mob and Glumstone the Giant. At the moment, I have read through chapter one of the second Cuphead novel. Now that we are updated on the note, let us get down to the theory.

Please know that this is my theory and this theory was made for fun!

Okay, so I have not gotten too far into the game but I noticed from screenshots and gameplay, there is a secret boss called Angel and Demon. The boss title is called One Hell of a Dream. Let that sink in for a moment... The same title for The Devil except it is called One Hell of a Time. When retrieving the Broken Relic and solving the Graveyard Puzzle in Inkwell Isle 4, you will be able to face the Angel and Demon boss.

The Broken Relic seems to be like some sort of link with The Devil. How exactly? In its description upon buying it in Porkrind's Shop, "A simple bauble of unknown origin." We don't know exactly where it came from or how it was made but I know enough that it is linked with The Devil. As an eye for demon jewelry for example, you would see demon eyes on Solomon Seals or other gothic objects. Its eye is like the Third Eye; It can open up places that we cannot reach. The eye has many meanings. It can unlock secrets.

Angel and Demon- just who are they? Why do they link with the Broken Relic as well? As I stated, the Broken Relic can open up many places that we cannot reach obviously and the Graveyard is the place that we can't get into without that item. Once the Puzzle is solved you are put into what seems to be the Astral Planes. You have in the background, the Devil's skeleton. Why is that there?! It must be his innerworld if you think about it.

The Angel and Demon represent Lucifer who was once a Light Bringer but now a Dark Bringer. The Angel is the Light Bringer and the Demon is the Dark Bringer. If you haven't researched in depth about Lucifer, I highly recommend it. Lucifer is a fallen angel.

If you look at the fight, the Angel and Demon switch sides. Lucifer was once an angel but was said that he defied god which made him fall from grace, turning him into what he is now to most people- the Devil, Satan, Old Scratch himself. So seeing the Angel shift to the Demon, then reverse again, sums up one part of the theory.

The second theory is that as the title is called "One Hell of a Dream," you dream walk into the Devil's dream and you are facing the good and bad sides of his character. Once the Angel and Demon are defeated, they are sucked back into the Devil's skeleton.

"One Hell of a Time," the boss fight with The Devil, the words 'hell and time' means that the main character's souls will be his for all eternity and they are going to spend time in his Underworld. "One Hell of a dream" the words 'hell and dream' means that you are in his dreamscape and could potentially be trapped, being judged by his Angel and Demon side of your sins for a long time within a dream. It's a nightmare!

Also one more thing to point out... The dancing sand timer in the game when it loads- yeah, it does not dance before battling the Angel and Demon. It seems as though time is non-existent or it stopped in the dream realm.

Looks like we uncovered as much as we could. What do you think of my theory? Do you have any theories of your own on this interesting boss? Feel free to comment!