Chapter 9: The Sprinting Mint

Mystic was already at The Rivers's house. She placed the lilacs on each window and in front of their garden. "Golly, that is a lot of flowers. It looks so pretty!" Mystic walked up to them. "Is this the amount of lilacs you wanted?"

"Yes! Mystic, you have a knack for decorating," Mr. Rivers complimented. "Ever went to a flower contest? You would be the bud that stands out!" The anthro hippo patted her back.
"I know you said 20 for this all but a sweet soul like you deserves more than 20. Take 30, dear," Mrs. Rivers handed her 30 bucks. "Your shop needs to grow."

"You both are too kind. Thanks so much!" She gladly took it before taking off down the road. "Take care, you two!" She waved. Mystic was heading home, excited to make those cupcakes that she planned on baking for Cuphead, Mugman, and Elder Kettle. Meanwhile, Elinora was trying to follow the path that Mystic told her to head to. She had to escape her brother. She didn't want to go back to the underworld, at least not yet. Mystic would soon get back to her house, seeing the bushes away from it move. It was Elinora. "Elinora! There you are. I thought you would be here by now?"

"I was caught up in- eh, you know, traffic." She walked up to the door. "Let's go make cupcakes! I would love to try some." She opened it for Mystic.

"Hehehe, sure thing!" She took Elinora's hand and took her inside.

***

"So let me get this straight. Our first quest is to find Berry Mint which we don't know where the heck she would be and then our last quest would be finding your father?" Cuphead was trying to process this mission of yours.
"Seems simple enough- minus the Berry Mint, she could be lurking anywhere," Mugman added.

"True but I think I know how to find her. She was by the flower shop before then was near the arcades. Think, guys. Minty so far has been hitting places that we go to. If I were her, I remember going to the one place she enjoyed-" You paused for a second then said, "That old soda factory! She and I used to take a tour there once. She loves Little Fizzy's Soda."

"So we gotta head to the old soda factory and see if she will appear there!" Mugman said. "I think I got a plan!" He dragged you and Cuphead to him as you three huddled together to form a plan to find Minty. The operation was simple but they would have to do it somewhat later in the day. That just makes your other task of finding your father to be put aside. As much as you wanted to find your dad, Minty was important. The three of you agreed with a nod.
It was near the end of the afternoon. You, Cuphead, and Mugman have been waiting for the right moment to sneak to the factory. You three were in the bushes, seeing that two guards were patrolling the place. "Oh jeez, how are we gonna get around them?" Mugman pointed.
"Should we try another way around?" Cuphead shrugs but then a lightbulb pops above him. He spotted a backdoor. "Hmmm, we could go behind the building's exit."
"Wouldn't it be locked?" Mugman said.

"Let's try the windows then if they are even open-" You saw something from the distance. The figure was sneaking around and they had the same shape as- "Berry? Guys, I think Berry made it to the building before us. I bet she is sneaking to grab a soda."

"She is stealing! We gotta make sure that she doesn't get caught! Watch this!" Cuphead got out of the bushes and went to distract the anthro fat cat and dog security guard. "Look at me, look at me! I am on property! Try to catch me, ya walking furballs!" Cuphead spits at them before running off. The two guards chased him. This left Berry Mint confused. She fled inside the building.

"Huh, that was easy. C'mon, (Y/N), let's go get her!" Mugman took your hand as you two headed inside the building.

"Minty! You're here! Thank goodness, you're okay. No need to run. We just want to talk," you came up to her. She backed up. "Please, Minty. Ginger and I want you home. Please come back to us."