The Wizarding Duel

Dinner continued and neither Ron nor Harry spoke to me for the rest of it. I couldn't let them go I just couldn't, the last thing I needed was for them some of my only friends here to get in trouble.

So when we headed back I stayed up in the common room, but over time I began to feel more and more tired and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

~~

I woke up with a start looking around at my surroundings, then I remembered the duel. What time was it? I checked the time almost midnight. I stood up, if I wanted to stop them I would have to catch up with them.

I had just gotten out when I saw their figures and Hermione was with them. They hadn't spotted me and when I turned around I noticed that the Fat Lady was gone. Hermione had come up probably to go back inside.

"Come on Evelyn," She said tugging at my sleeve but I shook my head.

"Fat Lady's gone we can't get back inside," I explained.

"Now what are we going to do," Hermione asked.

"That's your problem," said Ron. "We've got to go, we're going to be late."

They hadn't even reached the end of the corridor before we caught up with them.

"We are coming with you," Hermione said.

"You are not!" Ron said annoyed, although I figured it was more Hermione he didn't want there and not me.

"Do you think I'm just going to stand out here and wait for Filch to catch me? If he finds all four of us I'll tell him the truth, that Evelyn and I were going to stop you and you can back me up." She said and I sighed I really didn't want to be dragged into this.

"You've got some nerve-" Ron said loudly.

"Shut up both of you!" Harry said sharply and surprisingly they both stopped. "I heard something." He said and we all listened, there was some sort of snuffling sound.

"Is it Mrs. Norris?" Ron asked squinting as f that was going to help him see through the dark.

Luckily for all of us, it wasn't Mrs. Norris it was Neville. He was curled up on the floor sleeping but jolted awake when we came nearer.

"Neville are you alright?" I asked he merely nodded his head in response before speaking.

"Thank goodness you've found me! I've been out here for hours. I can't remember the new password to get in to bed." He said quite loudly and I looked around worried that someone might hear us.

"Keep your voice down, Neville. The passwords "Pigs Snout" but it won't help you now the Fat Lady's gone off somewhere."

"How's your arm?" Harry asked him.

"Fine," said Neville, showing them. "Madame Pomfrey mended it in about a minute."

"Good- well, look, Neville, we've got somewhere to be, we'll see you later-"

"Don't leave me!" Neville said hurriedly getting to his feet. "I don't want to stay here alone, the Bloody Baron's been past twice already."

Ron looked at his watch and glared at Hermione, Neville and me.

"If either of you get us caught, I'll never rest until I've learned that curse of the Boogies Quirrell told us about and use it on you," Ron said and I made a disgusted face.

Hermione opened her mouth to say something, perhaps to tell Ron how to cast the curse but Harry hissed at her to be quiet before a word escaped her mouth.