Quidditch

It was the day before Harry's first Quidditch match and we were sitting out in the courtyard, it was freezing out but Hermione had conjured a blue fire that we carried around in an empty jam jar.

We were standing with our backs to it trying to get warm when we saw Snape limping across the lawn.

We huddled closer together trying to hide the fire jar, whether it was allowed or not Snape would get us in trouble for having it.

But for some reason Snape limped over anyways, he hadn't seen our flame but he was searching to find something to yell at us for, I was so tired of this greasy-haired teacher.

"What have you got there Potter?" He asked Harry looking at his book.

Harry showed him his Quidditch Through The Ages book.

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school. Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor." He said taking the book.

"Seriously?" I muttered rolling my eyes as he limped away.

"He just made that rule up. Wonder what's wrong with his leg?" Harry asked.

"Dunno but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron said bitterly and I laughed.

~~

The common room was noisy that evening, as it was most evenings.

We were all sitting together by a window, I looked out below trying to make anything out in the darkness, other than the moon and stars.

Hermione was checking our Charms homework, she didn't mind doing it and it made me feel a bit better knowing that Hermione at least thought I was doing it right.

Suddenly Harry stood up and said he was going to get his book back.

"Rather you than me," Ron said as Harry turned away heading to the entrance to the common room.

"Good luck!" I called after him.

Hermione returned my work, I'd done it all correctly. Or at least that's what she thought and it was unlikely that she was wrong.

I was looking over my work just to be sure when Harry raced back into the room breathing heavily.

"Did you get it?" Ron asked him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he sat down, his breathing rapid.

Quietly Harry explained to us that he'd seen Snape bandaging the wound on his leg and that he'd heard him say something about something with three different heads. Was it a coincidence, no way?

"You know what this means," He asked after he finished. "He tried to get past the three-headed dog at Hallowe'en! That's where he was going when we saw him-he's after whatever it's guarding! And I bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to create a diversion!"

"No-he wouldn't," Hermione said, eyes wide. "I know he's not very nice, but he wouldn't try and steal something Dumbledore was keeping safe."

"I don't know, the evidence points to him. 'Course we can't be certain of anything without more reliable evidence." I said thinking it over.

"Honestly you two, you think all teachers are saints or something," Ron snapped. "I'm with Harry. I wouldn't put anything past Snape. But what's he after? What's that dog guarding?"

~~

The next morning Harry was having trouble eating anything.

"You've got to eat some breakfast," I told him and he shook his head.