Aragog

Summer was coming yet the school didn't feel as sunny and cheerful as it normally did. It felt wrong to not hear Hagrid's loud voice calling through the halls. And with Dumbledore gone everyone felt more unsafe than ever.

We were no longer allowed to visit Hermione or anyone else who'd been petrified in the hospital wing, they feared that the heir might come back to finish them off.

We were looking to find the spiders that Hagrid had told us about, but we couldn't seem to find any. We searched everywhere but saw no sign of any eight-legged creepy crawlers. It didn't help that we couldn't go off on our own.

To each class we were escorted by a teacher, it was nice except for the times when you needed to use the washroom and you had to spend forty minutes convincing a teacher that you could just take a partner.

Nobody loved the feeling of terror which had befallen the school more than Draco. He strutted about as if he'd been made the Minister of Magic.

He loved talking about how Father had been the one to get rid of Dumbledore, I heard him talking about it with Crabbe and Goyle in Potions.

"'I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," He told them loudly with pride in his voice. "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst Headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent Headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed. McGonagall won't last long she's only filling in..."

Snape swept past and headed to the front of the class.

"Sir," Draco called to Snape loudly. "Sir, why don't you apply for the headmaster's job?"

"Now, now Malfoy," Snape had a thin smile, the first time I think I'd actually seen him smile. "Professor Dumbledore has only been suspended by the governors. I dare say he'll be back with us soon enough."

"Yeah, right," Draco smirked. "I expect you'd have father's vote, sir, if you wanted to apply for the job. I'll tell Father you're the best teacher here, sir..."

Snape smirked in satisfaction as he continued walking around the dungeon.

"I'm quite surprised the M-dbloods haven't all packed their bags by now," Draco continued. "Bet you five Galleons the next one dies. Pity, it wasn't Granger..."

Thankfully the bell rang at that exact moment since Ron had leapt off his stool and was making his way towards Draco. I would've let him go if not for the fact that Snape was nearby and I didn't want Ron to end up with detention with Filch again.

"Let me at him," Ron growled as Harry and I held him back by his arms. "I don't care, I don't need my wand, I'm going to kill him with my bare hands-"

"Hurry up, I've got to take you all to Herbology," Snape barked, he clearly wasn't too pleased with having to escort us around.

Still holding onto Ron we walked all the way to the Greenhouses and only let go of him once we were inside.

For Herbology Professor Sprout got us to prune Abyssinian Shrivelfigs.

Ernie the Hufflepuff who'd be calling Harry the heir of Slytherin came over during the class.

"I just want to say, Harry, that I'm sorry I ever suspected you. I know you'd never attack Hermione Granger, and I apologize for all the stuff I said. We're all in the same boat now, and, well-" Ernie held out a hand for Harry to shake which Harry did.

So Ernie came to join our group for trimming the Abyssinian Shrivelfigs.

"That Draco Malfoy character," I stiffened as Ernie mentioned my brother while breaking off some dead branches. "He seems very pleased about all this, doesn't he? D'you know, I think he might be Slytherin's heir."