The Feast & Goodbyes

Hermione, Ron and I waited outside we were hoping Madame Pomfrey would let us in. We hadn't seen Harry since that night in the trapdoor, speaking of which we'd done it! We'd saved the Stone!

Dumbledore had shown up just in time to help Harry, I'd fallen asleep though from exhaustion. When I woke few things were explained to me, now we're just waiting for Harry.

Finally, a reluctant Madame Pomfrey let us in, telling us that we could only stay for five minutes.

"Harry!" Hermione smiled at him and he gave a sore smile back.

"Oh, Harry, we were sure you were going to-Dumbledore was so worried-" I rambled trying to collect my thoughts.

"The whole school's talking about it," Ron told him. "What really happened?"

Harry explained everything to us about Quirrell, You-Know-Who, the mirror, everything.

"So the Stone's gone?" Ron asked at the end and I nodded looking at Harry. "Flamel's just going to die?"

"That's what I say, but Dumbledore thinks that-what was it? 'To the well-organized mind, death is but another great adventure.'"

"I always said he was off his rocker," Ron mused and I smacked the back of his head and shook my head, as mad as he may be he'd saved Harry's life.

"So what happened to you three?" Harry asked us.

"Well, it was all sort of a blur. After I'd left I'd run to the owlery then I came back and Hermione was with Ron. Then I think I fell asleep." I added the last bit a bit sheepishly and Ron laughed a little.

"I helped get Ron and Evelyn out, we met Dumbledore on the way." Hermione continued the story. "He already knew-he just said 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he' and hustled off to the third floor."

"D'you think he meant to do it?" Ron asked. "Sending you you're father's Cloak and everything."

"Well, if he did-I mean to say-that's terrible you could've been killed," Hermione answered annoyed.

"I do have to agree with Hermione, getting a child to do his dirty work seems a bit..." I trailed off.

"No, it isn't," Harry answered and I raised an eyebrow. "He's a funny man, Dumbledore. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try, and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the Mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could..."

"Yeah, Dumbledore's barking all right," Ron said proudly. "Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow. The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course-you missed the last Quidditch match, we were steamrollered by Ravenclaw without you-but the food'll be good."

Then Madame Pomfrey came over.

"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now OUT," She told us firmly and none of us argued.

~~

Ron, Hermione and I sat in the Great Hall. We were hoping Harry would be able to come, the hall was decked out in Slytherin decorations and I looked over at Draco who seemed very proud of himself as if he'd been the one who'd gotten Slytherin all their points.

Suddenly the Hall went silent, then everyone started talking loudly. Harry had shown up.

He sat down with us, I could tell he was trying hard to ignore the eyes and talking.