The Dueling Club

Early Sunday morning we were at Myrtle's washroom inside one of the cubicles, Hermione had set up a cauldron with a fire lit below it.

There was the sound of the door opening and Hermione dropped something in surprise giving a splash.

"It's me." Came the voice of Harry outside the cubicle.

"Harry!" I smiled at him in the crack between the door.

"You gave us such a fright," Hermione said with a smile. "Come in-how's your arm?"

"Fine," Harry told us as he slipped into the cubicle and squeezed next to Ron.

"We'd've come to meet you, but we decided to get started with the Polyjuice Potion," Ron told him. "We've decided this was the safest place to hide it."

Harry was about to tell us about Colin Creevey when Hermione interrupted him.

"We already know," She told him. "We heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going-"

"The sooner we get a confession out of Draco, the better," Ron snarled and I chewed at my lip. "D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin."

I sighed and stared at the floor, of course, it made sense but I guess a part of me didn't quite want to accept it.

"There's something else," Harry spoke quietly and I looked up at him. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."

"Dobby?" I looked at him confused, why had Dobby been here?

"You know Dobby?" Ron asked me and I nodded.

"He's one of the house-elves that works at my house...why?" I was still confused.

Harry then explained to us why Dobby had been there, the fact that he'd been the one who'd cursed the Bludger, and that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione repeated when Harry finished.

"This settles it," Ron said decidedly. "'Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."

I swallowed, it made sense all the facts pointed to this theory, I guess I'd always known that my family were just loads of monsters.

"Maybe it can make itself invisible," Hermione suggested. As she stirred around the leeches that were at the bottom of the cauldron. "Or maybe it can disguise itself–pretend to be a suit of armour or something. I've read about Chameleon Ghouls..."

"You read too much, Hermione," Ron told her as he poured some dead lacewings on top of the leeches.

"So Dobby stopped us getting on the train and broke your arm..." Ron shook his head. "You know what, Harry? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you."

~~

The news of Colin Creevey spread quickly around the school, everyone was scared. If it could happen to Colin it could happen to anyone, right?

Many people were now travelling in groups, scared that if they went off alone they would have the same fate.

Poor Ginny was having a difficult time, Colin had sat next to her in Charms and she was terrified. Fred and George weren't helping her much by covering themselves in fur or boils and jumping out at her, they'd only stopped once Percy threatened them by saying he'd write home to Mrs Wealsey telling her about Ginny's nightmares.