At Flourish And Blotts

The Weasley's house was much different from the Manor. Here life was never dull with the ghoul in the attic, the explosions from Fred and George's room, and the noise of voices talking.

I'd been staying in Ginny's room for the past week and I'd like to think that we were becoming friends.

I was heading downstairs with Harry and Ron for breakfast, the sun was shining brightly through the window.

Mr and Mrs Weasley were already seated at the kitchen table with Ginny who accidentally knocked her porridge bowl under the table with a clatter.

She retrieved it and returned with a red face, I smiled at her as I sat down next to her.

"Letters from school," Mr Weasley told us handing Ron, Harry and me our envelopes. "Dumbledore already knows you two are here, Harry Evelyn-doesn't miss a trick, that man. You two've got them, too," He said as Fred and George walked in.

We sat in silence as we read our letters, it told us when we needed to get on the Hogwarts Express, and gave us a list of books we would need.

Second-year students will require:

The Standard Book Of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break With A Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding With Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holiday With Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels With Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages With Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wandering With Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year With The Yeti by Gilderoy Lockart

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" Fred said looking at Harry's list. "The new Defence Against Dark Arts teacher must be a fan-bet it's a witch."

"I'm good with any teacher so long as they don't try to kill Harry," I said shaking my head and Harry gave a small smile.

"This lot won't come cheap, Lockhart's books are really expensive..." George said looking at his parents.

"Well, we'll manage, I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things second-hand." Mrs Weasley said slightly worried.

"Ginny, if there are any books that you don't have I can give them to you I still have all mine from last year," I whispered to her thinking about how likely it was that Fred and George had their books explode or something.

"Oh, are you starting at Hogwarts?" Harry asked Ginny and she went red nodding yes.

Percy walked into the kitchen, dressed with his prefect badge pinned to his tank top.

"Morning, all, lovely day," He greeted and I nodded taking a bite of toast.

He sat down on a chair but lept up immediately.

"Errol!" Ron said taking the limp owl off the chair. "Finally-he's got Hermione's answer. I wrote to her saying Evelyn was coming over and we were going to try and rescue Harry from the Dursleys."

He carried Errol to a perch by the back door trying to stand him up but Errol just flopped over.

Ron opened the letter and read it aloud.