Chapter 27: Vice Versa Part 1

Olivia pov

I hate hangovers, but you know what makes them worse, a sprained ankle and a shit ton of pain meds that don't agree with alcohol.

It's fair to say I do not remember the majority of Callum's birthday, I think I got carried away with being jealous of Luke and Grace. Grace seems lovely. I just didn't like the amount of attention she was showing Luke or vice versa.

I don't even remember how I got back to the house seeing I was alone and Michael was at Claire's. I was still in my clothes from the night before as if someone had just brought me back and put me on the bed then left.

I roll over so I can take some medicine and look at my phone. I have several messages from a variety of people. There are some who are just wondering how I am or where I went.

Micheal: I told her not to have that much to drink and make sure she gets back safe Hemmings

This makes more sense when I read what I had sent beforehand which is actually Luke saying he's taking me home.

I look at the ones from Justin.

Justin: hope you feel better when you get home
Justin: that Luke guy is a jerk by the way

I roll my eyes and send a reply back saying that I only just woke up and asked what happened with him and Luke.

I have a text from Claire, and Calum is just being worried like Mikey. Then I get to the bottom of the list, it's Luke and an unknown number. I look at Luke's first.

Luke: hey can you message me when you're awake we should talk

Unknown number: hey bitch you need to back off from my man
Unknown number: you're ugly and he's way out of your league.
Unknown number: You deserved it being shoved in the pool at new year.

I sigh but decide I need to give him a chance and send a quick message saying, 'I'm awake but hungover,' I sigh and then look back at the messages from the unknown number, they don't say who they are but it seems like they don't like me from these messages. I close the messages before I even read all of them knowing that they're probably all just as bad or worse. I drag myself up so I can get ready for the day and end up throwing up last night's dinner in the toilet before I hear my window open.

"Hemmings before you start I am not in the mood for your shit right now..." I grumble sticking my head out of the bathroom briefly before running/limping back to the toilet to throw up.

He chuckles slightly and walks over, "I promise I'll try not to annoy you... I just wanted to see how you were doing..." he says coming and holding my hair back for me.

"Not great I would say... What happened last night? All I know is at some point you and Justin had an argument and that you brought me home. That's only from the texts I got this morning." I grumble finally feeling like I'm not going to throw up again and sit on the bed looking at him.

He chuckles lightly and starts pacing back and forth as he talks, "well you had the pain meds, and then a full bottle of whiskey... then I lost track of how much you drank but it continued until I stopped you... I decided I would take you for some air but Justin tried to stop me and we had a bit of a fight but I handled it well... then you said something about me being bullshit and pretending not to like each other is bullshit... I can go into more detail if you want but maybe later..." he says only pausing to breathe as he talks really fast.

I just stared up at him, "what..." I say looking up at him as I try to take in what he's saying.

"Exactly..." he sighs, turning to look at me.

I'm speechless. I have no clue about what to say to any of this. I just look at him as I think about what to say next. "I'm going to have a shower..." that's the best I could come up with after all that. I simply grab a towel and head into the bathroom quickly so that he can't stop me. I really do need the shower, I still had clumps of paint stuck in my hair and I stink of whiskey so it was a good enough excuse.