Chapter 31: the One when Calum finds out

Callum pov

I was just walking down the hall heading to the bathroom and could hear people talking in whispers but couldn't tell who, I turned the corner to see the two people I'd least expect to me kissing, kissing!

I'm there zoned out for a few seconds before they realise I'm even here.

"Shit.." they both say at the same time as they look at me.

I just stand there not sure what to say to them, "what... the fuck?" I manage to mumble out as I look between them.

They look at each other then back at me.

"This is nothing, pretend you didn't see anything Calum, this is a dream!"

"Me and Luke are seeing each other, but nobody can know"

They both seem to say at the same time, I look at them confused, "your dating? Since when? Weren't you just calling each other names this morning?"

"Uhhh yeah I guess... but we haven't been on a proper date yet..." Luke mumbles looking at his shoes.

"Yet?" Olivia says looking up at Luke with a big smile.

He chuckles at her and nods, "well yeah... I have plans..." he smiles back at her.

"Um ok, whatever this is, why? When? How?" I say still really confused about it all.

"Um, new years I guess..." Olivia says looking up at Luke.

Luke chuckles again, "yeah, but we kissed after the carnival too."

"Ok, so why didn't you tell us? Obviously your happy, I'm happy for you both I just, don't know why your hiding it," I say putting a hand through my hair trying to get my head around all this.

"We didn't want to have to explain it to everyone..." Olivia says looking back at me.

Luke continues what she said, "And we didn't think Michael wouldn't be very happy..."

I nodded slowly, "ok... you guys are weird but I think I understand, but don't you think it would be better if you just tell people?"

"No, Mikey would probably kill us..." Olivia mutters, "please don't tell anyone, you can't, not even Lucy!"

"But Lucy doesn't even go here," I chuckle, "you can't put all this on me guys, I'm not good with secrets..."

"Please mate, just act like you didn't see us..." Luke says looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

I roll my eyes, "ok fine... but you guys need to be more careful, what if I was Michael?" I chuckle shoving Luke's arm playfully.

"Yeah yeah, just don't say anything about it... I'm starving so I'm gonna go to the cafeteria." Liv says before leaving with Luke.

I can't believe they're together, we've been saying for months that they act like an old married couple who fight all the time but I never thought they would actually get together. Luke seemed so happy, though I haven't seen him like that with a girl for years. If they are both happy then why should I get between them?

Olivia pov

For the rest of the day, Luke and I don't talk about what happened we just continue to have petty fights about random stuff like pizza toppings. We stay like that and Calum managed to keep quiet. It gets towards the end of the day and we have science, the whole time we are in that class Luke's foot is hooked on mine rubbing it gently as I make my notes about what the teacher is saying.

"Can we talk after school?" he whispers as he works next to me.

I nodded, "mine or yours?" I whisper back.