𝗣𝗦: 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

It's Magnolia's birthday today and she expected the day to be like any other when Vernon ordered her around.

"Potter, get the post."

Magnolia held back a sigh as she responded back.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon."

She exited the kitchen and trudged towards the front door, she then bent down slightly and picked up the pile of envelopes. She curiously skimmed through them before pausing when she saw one that peeked her interest.

Miss M Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
SURREY

Her lips curled up at the sides and she turned on the heels of her feet, walking back into the kitchen and handing Vernon his envelopes.

She then stood a bit away as she looks at her envelope and glances at Dudley before subtly glancing at Vernon. Dudley nods once before clearing his throat and shooting up.

"Dad, look, Magnolia's got a letter."

Dudley snatches the letter and Magnolia exclaims as she puts on an act.

"Hey! That's mine!"

Dudley gives the envelope to Vernon and stands next to him, Petunia stands on the other side and Vernon asks with a laugh.

"Yours? Who'd be writing to you?"

He looked at the front and then looked at the back, his hand shook and his face paled as he saw the familiar red stamp. He glanced at Petunia to already see her worriedly looking at Magnolia. Vernon then exclaims furiously as he rips up the letter.

"Out! Now!"

Magnolia holds her hands up in defence and leaves, smirking to herself as she makes her way to the tree house in the garden. She climbs up and sits there, waiting for Dudley. And when he arrives, he announces.

"They're arguing again."

He then looks up once he reaches the top and sees her holding up the same letter. He asks in shock.

"How? Dad ripped up that one, how did you get another?"

Magnolia smiles and pats the space next to her, she then explains as he sits down.

"Well, this letter actually arrived earlier. Aunt Petunia found this on the doorstep this morning when she collected the milk. She put the letter she found, in here and then notified a special someone to send another, going along with the plan we made up yesterday since we knew that I'd receive the acceptance letter today."

She paused, hearing the shouting coming from inside the house. She then cleared her throat and continued.

"I brought you in on the plan, but didn't exactly tell you why. You see, Vernon had to see the letter for himself. Which means that he now knows that I'm a Witch, also meaning that he can't hurt me anymore. He can damn well try, though."

Dudley looked confused, so he asked curiously.

"How did you know that you're a witch? When did you find out?"

Magnolia put an arm around his shoulders and started off.

"Remember that time we went to the park during the summer of '84? We were only four, but it was definitely a day we couldn't forget."

Dudley nodded and Magnolia added.

"And remember when Vernon suddenly fell face first in a pile of dog poo? Let's just say that that might've been my doing. I was particularly annoyed at him when I saw him grab Tuney's wrist and scold her for pushing me on the swings. Trust me, if I were to go back to that day, I would've done so much than just a face full of poo. I can tell you that."