Expectations.

Disclaimer: I don't own Andy's Apple Farm (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Kamryn Eastwood is one of favourite characters to write angst for. Idk why.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

In the era she lived in, it's expected to be a loving, doting, caring housewife. Greeting the husband whoever they came back from work. In the period before the equality act, she's stuck at home due to society's pinning their expectations.

Kamryn couldn't escape him if she wanted a life of misery. Living and having to endure his presence is better than taking her kids and running away, only to end in the streets due to the embarrassment. Her family certainly wouldn't take them in. They'd phone up Thomas and tell him exactly where she and the kids resided.

The only option was to wait and bide time. Reassuring the kids she'd divorce him soon (a lie on her part, but one little isn't going to hurt), letting them know it's going to be okay.

"MAMA!"

It's never going to be okay.

Rushing to where Isabella shouted, Kamryn scooped up her little girl in her arms and soothed her with whispers and promises of getting away from their hell of a life. Trapped within a home that didn't feel like home. Trapped within the kitchen where an inevitable argument ensued.

Not with him along for the ride.

"Don't comfort the little bitch." Thomas ordered gruffly, beer in one hand. "She deserved to be hurt for hell she put this family through."

Rage erupted in Kamryn's veins. Thomas had been more violent lately, taking his anger out in Isabella physically and emotionally. Pushing her to the limit on how much she could take until she'd break from the punishment he'd been dishing out the last few months. Sending Isabella out the room, Kamryn inhaled a silent break and exhaled as turned to bravely confront her husband.

"She's thirteen, Thomas." The emotionless time startled the man, eyes clouding with confusion before hardening. "A child. Louis drowned by accident. Arthur found his body seconds after he drowned. Isabella. did. Not. Kill. Him. He may have been your favourite, but do not treat our daughter as your punching bag."

Thomas growled ferally as a wild animal at the mention of Arthur King. Pinning Kamryn against the counter, his eyes clouded with the familiar darkness that accompanied him whenever he punished their kids. It wouldn't be the first time Kamrym took a physical beating.

"You and Arthur gettin' cosy?" Thomas threatened. His break stunk of the alcohol, a dark tone entering his voice as Thomas' hands clasped Kamryn's wrists. "Ya'll slept in the same bed as we share every single night and make love unlike the one you don't share with your family. Don't blame me for the fuck ups of society, Kamryn. I may be a piece of shit, but at least I don't cheat on my husband in front of his kids. We are both just as equal in damaging this family. You're just in denial, Kamryn. Don't forget to change the sheets next time I come home."

Suddenly letting go of the woman, she slowly dropped the floor in front of the man. Huffing in amusement at her position, Arthur walked off with trembling fists, adrenaline begging to be released from within. The darkness tapping his thoughts and actions acted as a release for the contained anger of Kamryn acting as a hypocrite.

We both want to change.

Kamryn laid there in silence. Laying there limp even as Isabella and Louis came to her side to comfort the woman in her time of need. Leaving Thomas to grieve at the loss of his wife. He could take Kamryn blaming him for their fuck up. However, he wouldn't tolerate her denying the part the played in their broken family.

Cheating in their bed, the drugs he found under the bathroom sink, Arthur only leaving after Thomas threatened to call the police, not shoot him as his best friend politely told people later on on the day after the unexpectedly showed. Arresting Thomas and only letting him out after seeing Arthur with no injured, even though he had been under house arrest for a month. He had to receive some punishment according to the courts. Justice system bullshit on their end.

Deny all you want, Kamryn. We're both as bad as each other. Don't make me the only bad guy within this relationship.

Watching Kamryn receiving love and care from the kids, Thomas mutely huffed. Walking away to their shared room and bringing out a cigarette, puffing in and blowing out the smoke stinking up their room. He opened the window. Now Kamryn couldn't complain. He remembered her pet peeves and likes. Whatever she loved and disliked within their marriage.

The Eastwoods wondered if they can be fixed.

We don't know how to be loved.