CH 6: New

It was my first day of school. I didn't have the best experience with school.

I braced myself, to get out of the limo. I called out thanked Alfred for the ride, and I step out. Small gasps and whispers cover the student body, and the gossip begins. So much for a quiet senior year.

Damian immediately walks away without another thought, and leaves Tim to deal with me.

"You good?" He asks. Tim's obviously not the best at communication, but it's sweet that he's trying for my sake.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say, gripping my backpack. My uniform feels like an unwanted skin. The skirt is way to short for my liking, and my tie feels like it's strangling me.

"Hey, you'll be fine."

"You're starting to sound like Bruce."

He laughs tiredly, saying, "If you need anything, just text me. I-"

"Tim!" A loud, feminine voice calls in front of the school. His girlfriend, probably.

"I gotta go, I'm here if you need me." He races off, and joins the blonde.

I'm left by myself.

I make my way to the office to pick up my schedule.

A middle aged woman, wearing thick rimmed glasses, bright lipgloss that matched her long, pink nails, sat at the front desk. She's chewing her gum harder than needed, clacking away on the computer.

"Excuse me Ms..." I read her name plate in front of her, "Heathers, but I need my school schedule."

"Of course, sweetie. What's your name?" Ms. Heathers asks.

"Viviana Taylor Parker."

She looks it up, and begins reading it. Her mouth drops.

"If your father really..."

"Yes, Mr. Wayne is my guardian." I finish for her.

She prints it out, giving me all the attention in the world. "If you need any help, just come straight to the office, and we'll help you, okay Ms. Wayne?"

"It's Ms. Parker." I threw over my shoulder, not bother to look back at the lady.

The bell rings, and I'm already late. What a great way to start a new school.

I studied my schedule, which was longer to the ones I was used to.

1 Physics AP
2 French 101
3 Calculus AP
4 Advanced Computer Science
Lunch
5 Free Period
6 English 12 Dual Credit
7 History 12 H
8 Physical Education

I'm slightly annoyed that I'm retaking Physics AP this year, but I shrug, because it'll be an easy class since I've already passed it. Besides I have more classes than I'm used to, so I'll take as many easy classes as I can.

I open the door, and I immediately interrupt the teacher at the board. Mid-thirties, dressed as you would expect any physics teacher to dress. Nerdy glasses, a plaid dress shirt, slacks, and dressy shoes. But he seemed nice enough, with a much too bright smile for the first period of the day.

"Ah, you must be the new student. I'm Mr. Newport." He says in an English accent.

I nod, and hand my schedule to him. He reads it, and hands it back. I know he's seen the fact that Bruce is my guardian, but I'm glad he doesn't bring it up. Luckily, the news article from a few days prior didn't include my name, so people didn't know that I was apart of the family, only a crappy picture that cut out my face when I got out the limo going into the school.