CH 36: Danger

There's no point in hiding the inevitable.

I was dying.

Of course, I had been for over a year now, but, it was safe to say I was in the final stretch of my short life.

And for the past two weeks, I was still recovering from being kidnapped by the Black Mask.

My body wasn't healing the same. Back home, my cuts always faded within a week or less. I now had scars all over my body, I didn't mind though, I thought they were almost pretty, or poetic. It proved that I was still here, that I was still alive.

Besides, I didn't understand why Jason let me trace his scars until he felt mine. The broken, damaged parts of myself, felt whole, like he was the one to piece them back together.

But I had to get out of the BatCave. I was going stir crazy out of boredom.

I kept trying to get up and do something but Jason threatened to handcuff me to the hospital bed.

And when I didn't listen to Jason, Alfred said that he would be disappointed in me if I didn't let my body fully heal.

So I listened.

Alfred knows how to be a good guilt tripper. Besides, if Alfred can cut Tim off of coffee, I'd be afraid of what he would do to make me listen.

Tim without coffee was like... me without Jason. You didn't want to see us on our bad days.

From the Black Mask, I had cracked two ribs, and sprained my ankle from landing on the large, metal shipping containers.

And thanks to my quick thinking, all the alien tech that had threatened Gotham City, had been blown up and destroyed, which sent the Black Mask into hiding.

Roman Sionis had left Gotham, because Bruce and Timothy could not find a single trace of the man.

And when the Black Mask would come back, we'd be ready for it.

Bruce made sure of it.

What I was not prepared for, were my glitches. My glitches were happening more frequently. Some weren't bad, and others left me begging for relief. But Jason stood by my side through all of them.

I knew I looked horrible. I was pale, and the bags under my eyes were the worst I had ever seen them. I was always cold. I was shivering, and I was always wearing a sweater, and socks. I was also losing weight, because it was harder to keep food down, and I was losing so much blood.

Which meant that the Wayne's were trying to distract me as much as possible, to keep my mind off of death.

My family tried to spend more time with me. We had more movie nights, and Dick always ended up getting the remote, so we watched Disney movies. I didn't mind, because I would cuddle up to Jason, and I would fall asleep, and then wake up all warm in his bed.

And on family game nights, Bruce would start to join in, instead of doing work. But once he won monopoly seven times in a row, which ended up with Jason flipping the board when he went bankrupt, we banned the billionaire, (multi-billionaire he reminded us), from playing.

And every second I didn't spend at the Manor, I was at Jason's apartment.

Right now, I was at Jason's waiting for him to come home after patrol.

Something started buzzing in my bag.

I walked over, and started to dump out my bag and all of its content.

I pulled out my phone, to check my messages, but I didn't have any. I pulled out my purple and black super suit and pulled my BatLink out of the side pocket.