I

-5 years prior-

A boy sat in a cage. His once porcelain skin stained with Crimson blood and his hair all matted to his head. Along his arms were various holes where he had been injected and his ear eyes moved with each and every movement.
He was alone, forever suspended in the darkness of pain and death. He wanted to die, his life no longer had any meaning.

Just because the boy had extra appendages and a different lineage. Be was half human and half cat; two furry ears sat atop the boys head, they flickered to every sound that came through the room. His tail was the same colour and was smooth, on the tip was pale fur that contrasted against his natural pelt colour. The boy had given Up life, but never hope. There was some way out of this. There had to be.

That was when the sound of footsteps came closer. A masked man wearing a lab coat stepped towards the cage with a crazed smile on his face. But there was something behind his eyes that made the boy want to trust him, walk towards him.

"How are we today, Ciel?" He mockingly asked the boy. Surprisingly Ciel was in the back of a pet shop. There were a bunch of scientists that wanted to see if they could turn the poor boy into a real cat. Permanently.

Ciel didn't want that, he loved being a Neko, sure he acted like a cat and out of instinct but that was what his kind did.
A Neko was rather rare, but they were excellent companions. They were faithful and trusting, they were strong and had super hearing as well as sight, hearing and smell. Not to mention the rough tongue of an actual cat. The genetics was surreal.
But there were people who didn't want Neko's, they wanted the normal cats back. This however, was not going to happen. Not while Ciel was still alive and breathing. Never...

-present day-

Sebastian's POV-
Sebastian laughed as the newest kitten in the pet shop licked his cheek. It's rough tongue creating a weird sensation where it touched. Sebastian loved cats, more than loved. But unfortunately Sebastian couldn't always help cats. Sometimes they died, and that was always sad.
Sebastian was a vet. He specialised in helping felines. But Sebastian wasn't the one to have his heart set on having a cat, his job demanded too much for him to be able to have a pet. For now he was happy with being the young cats that he delivered from the troubled female mothers.

But one of Sebastian's favourite past times was to actually go to a pet shop and to look through the cats he only wished to have. Ha hoped one day there would be someone or something in his life that he could love, preferably a cat.
Though apparently Neko's were the rage now. Half cat and half humans. Sebastian had never seen one, apparently they were rare and hard to find, obviously. And they cost a lot, it did amaze Sebastian though. If he were to see one he knew he would be lost.

Putting the small kitten down he exited the shop and went towards his house on the upper side of town. As he started to walk past a alleyway he heard the distinctive sound of a cat whine and a hiss. Thinking it was a stray cat that Sebastian could save he went to search for it. As he came closer to the back of a bin he looked over the edge and saw something more than a cat. He saw something much better in his opinion...