VI

Ciel couldn't help but smile as Sebastian described his life. How the kitten wished that he could have a life like that. But he knew he would be leaving soon, he couldn't stay with Sebastian forever. He already had a rather demanding job, and Ciel was not needed.
It did damper the Neko's mood a little. But to know Sebastian and meeting him was enough to keep him happy for a while more. But he didn't notice when Sebastian had stopped talking and was now looking at Ciel with concern. When his ear was scratched was when Ciel realised that he was being called out to.

"Yes Sebastian?" He asked innocently, trying not to nuzzle into the hand that was currently petting him. But suddenly stopped as Sebastian deemed a serious expression.
"Can I ask you a serious and to you, a life changing question?"....

Ciel tilted his head and mewed to affirm his answer. And in this moment Sebastian's heart was beating fast in his chest. Just imagining Ciel being his pet. Waking up and knowing that he was there, maybe even being more than pet. How Sebastian wanted that?

Taking a deep breath he looked at the Neko in the eyes. Those sparkling sapphires glinting with a curiosity that only a cat could pull off, his ears perked and directed only to him and his tail was laying lim at his side.

"Ciel, I haven't known you for more than 24 hours. But in that time I have come to want to live your company." Sebastian took a pause so the words would sink in, it was slightly amusing to watch Ciel blush lightly as the man took hold of the Neko's hand, cupping it in his large ones, much larger.

"Ciel, will..will you stay here. With me?" It was out, all that Sebastian had thought and wanted to ask was out. He and feelings for the boy, slowly but surely making him adore the young Neko more and more, he was so perfect. In Sebastian's eyes anyway.

Ciel was surprised, actually being surprised was a understatement. Someone. Sebastian namely, wanted to be his owner. But the way Sebastian put it was like he just wanted Ciel as a roommate, not a pet. This isn't what surprised Ciel though, anyone would be surprised if anyone offered you to live with them, plus the fact Ciel had only known Sebastian for one day. It was ridiculous definitely, but something in Ciel made him want to say 'yes' and live with Sebastian. He may even learn how to be happy. But the other part screamed at him to say 'no' and thought that seas tian would only hurt him. That's what all people did to him, promise so much.and the. Deliver little and pain, Ciel did not want that, not one bit.

Sebastian watched the war that was being fought in Ciels face, his posture and his concentrated look. He was looking but not seeing, those eyes dull and void, thinking.
The man understood though, this was a big thing. The Neko had most likely been by himself or had grown to not rely on anyone.
But the long silence was killing him, he wanted Ciel to stay by his side. Butt here was nothing that Sebastian could do. He couldn't force Ciel to stay with him, that would make the Kitten sad, his childlike presence will have vanished, Sebastian didn't want that.

After what felt like eternity but was actually three minutes Ciels eyes came back into focus, his ears perking and his entire being relaxed.
Ciel was amazed at the look Sebastian was showing, vulnerable and open concern for him. It was reassuring to see at how much Sebastian already cared for him, but there was still that nagging feeling that would not leave Ciels mind, littering doubts at every opportunity. But they were pushed away.

"Sebastian. I...I would like that." The Neko's cheeks turned a deep shade of red as he answered, his tail waving and eyes bright. And the wait was all worth it as Sebastian's face grew into the biggest grin, his eyes alight and glowing. In an instant the kitten was glomped, being crushed into a warm hug with Sebastian placing light kisses all over the kittens cheeks. In return Ciel was giggling and laughing at the man.

"I promise Ciel, you won't regret this. I promise."...