XIV

"Would you come and work with me from now on, I'm getting so much more work done now, and it would be so much easier. And you will get paid too. What do you say?" The man asked, badly wanting the kitten to say yes. He would not have to worry about Ciel if he said yes, the Neko would be with Sebastian 24/7 If he did. No worrying what so ever, and this is exactly what Sebastian wanted.

Ciels eyes turned unfocused, thinking of the answer and what benefits he could get out of it. He could leave Sebastian. He would no longer be a burden over the mans head.
Yes... Ciel felt like a burden to the large and yet attractive man, he felt like he was holding Sebastian back. The Neko had already ruined the relationship with his father, and besides, Ciel was broken. Used, and was now unwanted.
What Sebastian did not know though, was that the moment Ciels side healed up he was going to have a discussion with the man, thanking him and then leaving, it was only the best. Who would want a half human half feline, I'd you could easily have a true feline any other day anyway?

"I'd love to."....

...... Sebastian was stumped. He had no idea what was going on. He felt like his heart was being ripped out an stumped on.
The moment that Ciel had agreed to work for him he had been so different. Ciel was now acting distant, not eating dinner or breakfast. Sleeping in one of the spare bedrooms and not in his bed.
It was as if Ciel was trying to avoid him. Any time that Sebastian actually had a hold on him was when they were at work, and that was nearly not enough time in Sebastian's opinion.

What was it? Sebastian had done nothing wrong. And now the kitten was ignoring him like a plague. Sebastian had no idea as to what changed. But one of the wired it's things was that he always could see the emotion of regret in Ciels eyes each time he would turn his master down, or ignore him. Sebastian could not put his finger on it, there was not even a moment anymore when Ciel had turned into his kitten mode. He was stuck acting like a teenager, a little moody and a great seriousness to him. The man did not like it one bit.

Right now they were walking back to the house, after a day at work Sebastian could see how the work had worn Ciel out. His ears were pressed against his head and his tail dragging, as well as his feet. But each time the vet tried to pick him up or help him out Ciel would hiss slightly and pull away, his fangs showing. Sebastian did not get it. What was wrong with Ciel? Whatever it was, Sebastian was determined to find out, and he would succeed.

-one week later-

It had been getting worse and worse. Ciel would barely look at Sebastian now, all he did was keep his eyes averted and act like the man was not there. Ciel had even started to leave at night, Sebastian had no idea where he went, and the worse part was that now he was feeling like a worried parent; waiting up for the kitten and hoping to God that he was alright. Where did he go?....

.... Ciel felt bad, he felt more than bad. Each time he would want affection or anything from Sebastian he had to change his resolve. Ciel could not go running to Sebastian anymore. The Neko felt sorry for himself.
He had feeling for his master, more than innocent feelings at that. But this was not right, he was fifteen! Underage and more. That and the fact that Ciel had finally roped together enough money to leave the house.

The days he spent with Sebastian usually got him around £150. And the nights that Ciel went out got him so much more money. At night Ciel would go out to bars and serve people there. Hell, one night he even got up on stage and sang for Money. This had gotten him around £1000 a night. So now each night at eleven Ciel would leave to the bar, then return at six In the morning and sleep until ten. Then get up and go to work for eleven. This cycle carried on.

Ciel had already so much money saved up, he could rent out an apartment near the bar he loved going to. He knew that bar was not the best place in the world, but it was so friendly. This cool gut called Joker owned it along with his wife Beast.

They were such a nice and romantic couple, always kissing or touching in some place. They owned the bar called 'Noah's ark.' Ciel had taken a like to it. Everyone there was just so nice to Ciel, they all adored him and his differences.

Ciel knew it would not be long now before he could move freely, the wound was almost healed and Sebastian was none the wiser (that's what Ciel thought anyway).

But one night Sebastian decided to try and catch Ciel before he left, he wanted to talk to the kitten and see if he could get his old Ciel back. The man missed the good times that he use to have with the kitten.

"Hey Ciel, do you want to walk with me?" Sebastian asked with a warm smile, trying to not show the hurt he actually felt when he witnessed Ciel hiding his ears under a hat. The hat was blue was kind of shaped like a pirate hat. There was a bunch of blue feathers on the top of it that fell to his right side.

"Not really" was the reply that Sebastian had got. And This riled him up. What was he? Chopped liver? No, he did not think so. So with the most fake smile he could possess, he decided that he no longer wanted to play with the kitten.
"You have no options Ciel, your walking with me."

Sebastian had no idea that Ciel only wanted Sebastian to be happy.
And Ciel had no idea that Sebastian was only happy with Ciel.