Chapter: Four

Edited Version: 

This is Mono:)

-

-

After Genma had left, I was alone and bored once again. Looking around the garden I could see that it needed a little bit of love. Gardening was the perfect thing to do, to help take my mind off things and fill the empty time I had during to day. I went inside for a quick outfit change and to find a hat so I wouldn't get too sun burned. After changing into old clothes I went into the garage to get some fresh dirt and fertilizer. As I bent over to pick up the Manure dirt, I spotted a variety of seeds on the back of the shelves. I guess planting some new veggies wouldn't hurt anything. I set all my goods down on the ground near the empty area, of dry crusty dirt that desperately needed my help. First, I took out my knife hair clip that I always have hidden behind my ear and cut the bag of dirt open. I spread out the dirt evenly with a wooden rake and watered it down with the hose. Now it was the fun part, planting all the seeds. I poked holes with my finger every 3 inches and put in two seeds. After finishing the Carrots,  I planted sugar pumpkins for pumpkin pie. My favorite thing to make during fall time. 

"One of my favorites, Pumpkin pie." Kakashi said from behind me. I didn't bother looking up from my task. After a moment of silence I thought of the right words to say to the man behind me. 

"Kakashi, you've had more than a month to speak with me. Why bother now? I said patting the dirt down tight. 

"No reason at all y/n. So, what's the deal with Genma? I saw you guys were together." He said walking over to the bench under the cherry blossom tree. I turned my head over my shoulder and glared at the relaxed man. 

"So what are you stalking me now or something." I said bitterly, standing up from my position. Kakashi only looked at me. Damn it I hate that I can only see that one eye of his and nothing else. I sighed and took the open seat next to him. 

"Kakashi listen, we only kissed. We aren't together or anything." I reassured him. Though I did wish I had a form a companionship with a man. 

"Didn't you say men, were just a waste of time? He looked at me with a squinted eye. I assume he was glaring at me. 

"Oh yea! you mean 13 years ago when I was a teenager? Yes, yes I said that." I glared back teasingly. Kakashi rolled his eyes and sat up. 

"Thought after a break from me you'd be a little more reasonable, but whatever I have to go anyway. See ya." He said walking away on the stone path through the tulips. 

"Yea later Kakashi." I waved goodbye sarcastically. Soon as Kakashi left I returned back to my garden. After I planted all my fruits and vegetables I watered everything one last time. When I was done outside,  I put all my tools and leftover seeds back inside my garage and got a bottle of wine from the wine room. 

I set the bottle of white wine down on my kitchen counter and took the corkscrew out from the cabinet. When I turned around to grab a wine glass I saw Mono at my feet stopping me in my tracks. The look in her eyes said it all. Mono tilted her head to the side and continued to stare into my soul. 

"What? I grabbed the wine bottle and held it out for her to sniff. "It's just wine sweetheart." I laughed. Mono quickly snatched it from my grip and went out her doggy door. I ran over to the front windows and watched Mono prance down the street with a bottle of  wine in her mouth. I guess that's her saying 'no more drinking for the day' She's probably right, such a good dog. Once Mono was out of my sight I backed away from the window and headed to my bathroom to take a shower. After a long, hot day in the garden a shower was something I desperately needed.