Chapter: Six

Edited Version: 

-

Turns out the mission was called off for me. Kakashi requested someone else to join the squad and Tsunade found a replacement. It sucks because I planned on talking to Kakashi about what I said and how sorry I am. It was wrong of me to bring up a nightmare from his past like that. Let alone make a joke about it. So Instead I took the day to train and work on perfecting my water Jutsu. My fire jutsu was something that kind of came naturally to me, unlike my water style I trailed my ass off to develop those kills. The training grounds were full of young kids so I deiced to just go off somewhere remote. 

I found myself walking the path that leads out of the village, probably the safest place to practice this new Jutsu of mine. A couple miles out, I found a large opening deep within the forest. Here will do best, I suppose. 

First I needed a large amount of water. Since I don't just shoot water out of my hands like a superhero, I have to find a body of water or some source of it. I squatted down and placed my palms flat on the moist grass. I focused my chakra into bedrock and absorbed all the water I could hold within me. This took most of my pure muscle strength to preform so with the chakra I had left, I can concentrate hard enough to infuse both water and chakra creating the ultimate water weapon. As I drew all the water in my hands together and compressed it all into a sphere I felt me eyes start to burn. I brushed it off and continued to compress the water and Chakra together. As soon as I felt it start to over compress, I threw it at a tree with all my force. Instead of destroying the one tree, it demolished 3 in a row. Crippling everything into a million pieces. 

"Ow, God!" 

I bent over clenching my burning eyes. This was a different kind of burning. It almost felt like stinging nettles were growing in my eyes. As the pain started to dull, I released my grip over my eyes taking in a deep breath. What the hell was that? 

I drew some fresh water from the grass again and made a smooth wall. Looking into my reflection I saw my eyes were now dark purple. Not like the rinnegan. A darker shade. My body felt lighter and graceful. What the shit is happening. I sat down, exhausted with my training and played with a blade of grass thinking to myself. Why the hell are my eyes purple. They're usually e/c.

 On the blade of grass there was a bubble of water resting on the tip. I took it in my hands and let it run down my finger. As the water droplet reached my palm it began rapidly expanding getting bigger within every second.  

"Bro what the hell, stop, the fuck is happening!  I shouted unable to control the now larger than the trees water sphere. I couldn't control this. The water was now the size of a house and it began to quiver. Shortly after it exploded, violently soaking me, while taking down all the trees around me.

 I gasped at the sudden freezing cold water dumping over me, soaking my clothes. "What the fuck!  I said throwing my hands down in frustration. That's enough training for today, I'm going home and getting drunk as fuck. I stormed off from the destroyed area curing myself out. As I made my way back into the village through the gate, Kotetsu and Izumo stared at me with  raised eyebrows. 

"What h-

"Shut it." I snapped walking past them with my hand out shushing their faces. As I walked through town I earned a bunch of stares and whispers. Including Kakashi and his student's which I walked passed near the ramen shop. I made eye contact with Kakashi for a split second before looking back down at my soaking wet feet. 

Kakashi's POV

During the entire mission, y/n's words never left my mind. Her words were so cold and harsh. Why would she ever say something like that, and the way she said it sounded like she meant it. I'm glad I stopped myself from saying something about Obito. I knew how close they were, but I could never say something like that to her. I hope she'd think the same, but I guess not. 

-

After we returned from the mission, Naruto had begged me for ramen nonstop and I couldn't say no to him after all the "pleases" so I caved in. Sakura and Sasuke decided to join us as well since I was paying. As we went to sit down I saw y/n walking down the steers, soaked head to toe in water. She looked at me for a split second before looking back down at her feet. For some reason I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Y/n looked so lonely and dejected. Should I talk to her?