Chapter 20

Spring  break  was  finally  happening  in  2  weeks.  Though  going  away  like  all  the  other  college  kids  sounded  wonderful,  I  decided  to  stay  home  because  of  the underlying factors.

Andy  wants  us  to  go  Malibu  and  stay  at  a  beach  house  or  he  really  wanted  me  to  accompany  him  out  to  Florida  to  visit  with  his  family.   But,   I  was  scared  of  what  could  happen.  But,  it's  life  and  I  have  to  deal  with  it.

Either  way,  Big  Boss  wouldn't  let  me  off  for  a  few  days  because  it  would  leave  Johnny  and  Levi  to  run  the  store  by  themselves.  So,  it  worked  out   for  the  better.

Gail  and  I  were  closer  now  then  ever.  If  security  wasn't  on  the  campus,  Gail  was  there  with  her  textbook  bag  and  ready  to  smack  Jessica  down  to  the  ground.

Speaking  of  Jessica,  she   thought  she  was  so  smart.  She  asked  me  if  I  could  give  her  the  notes  to  study  for  the  enviromental  science  midterm  and  I  of  course  wasn't  going  to  say  no.  So,  I  made  it  where  she'd  get  a  D  and  pass  the  midterm.  Has  she  found  out?  Not  that  I  know  of.  It's  a  little  bit  of  revenge.

Andy  was   more  protective  then  ever.   He  always  had  a  ring  of  security  people   around  us  when  we  went  shopping,  eating,  etc.

Oh  and  Karen.  Karen's  been  back  and  forth  recording  his   album  in  NYC.

She  writes  me  twice  a  week.  I'll  keep  these  letters  for   the  rest  of  my  life.

As  for  the  Rollers,  I  occasionally  get  a  letter  to  record  store  from  Alan  or  Eric  seeing  how  everything  is  going.  They  are  rebranding  at  the  moment.

This  evening,  Andy  and  I  were  going  to  have  a  date  night  in.  After  he  had  an  interview  for  one  of  the  many  talk  shows,  he  came  over  to  spend  some  time  with  me.  The  midshifts  were   getting   to  me.  

Andy  picked  me  up  so  the  risk  of  scrutiny  on  the  bus  was  minimal.   

"So  how  was  work  darling?"  Andy  asked  me.

"It  was  decent.  It's  truly  the  only  normal  part  of  my  life  anymore,"  I  said  taking  the  cork  out  of  the  wine  bottle.

Since  it  was  Saturday,  we  made  it  a  weekly  thing  of  enjoying  wine  and  watching  TV.

"Has  that  Jessica  girl  caused  more  trouble?"  Andy  asked  as  he  found  the  TV  guide  under  all  my  textbooks  and  notes.

"No  not  really  but  I  sort  of  got  revenge,"  I  said  glancing  up  as  I  begin  pouring  the  wine.

"Tell  me  how  darling?"  Andy  asked  curiously.

"Well  you  see,  we  had  midterms  the  last  few  weeks.  And,  of  course,  Jessica  assumes  I'm  a  smarty  or  know  it  all  I  suppose,"  I  said  pausing.

"You  are  very  smart  darling,"  Andy  commented  as  I  walked  over  to  the  couch  with  the  wine  glasses.

"And  so  she  wanted  notes  from  me  so  she  could  pass  the  midterm.  Well,  I  did  and  she  passed  with  a  D  instead  of  the  A  she  assumed  I'd  give  her,"  I  replied  chuckling.

"Darling  that  was  very  clever,  did  she  question  it?"  Andy  asked  as  he  sipped  some  wine.

I  shook  my  head.

"I'm  proud  of  you  darling.  That's  a  funny  way  to  take  revenge.  Especially  after  the  incident,"  Andy  replied.

"It's  my  way  of  making  myself  happy  I   suppose  in  the  siutation,"  I  replied  to  Andy  as  we  read  through  the  TV  guide,  trying  to  find  something  to  watch.

"I'm  proud  of   you  darling,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  forehead.

"Thanks  love,"  I  told  him.

As  we  read  through  the  Saturday  Night  guide,  there  was  really  nothing  good  on.

"Hmm  there  really  isn't  anything  on  tonight,  is  there?"  Andy  asked.

I  shook  my  head  once  again.

"Well  we  could  play  a  board  game  or  cards  or  something  while  we   wait  for  dinner  to  cook,"  I  told  him.

"I  like  that  idea  darling.  Let's  play  Jim  Rummy?"  Andy  asked  grabbing  the  cards  off  the  side  table  by   the  couch.

"I've  only  played  Go  Fish,"  I  told  him  laughing.

"Oh  darling  I've  got  so  much  to  still  teach  you,"  Andy  replied  smirking.

I  rolled  my  eyes  as  Andy  begin  setting  up  the Jim  Rummy  card  game.

Date  night  in,  you  win.