Chapter 148

Busy  bees  me  and  Andy  were.  All  nighters  were  becoming  a  common  thing  on  my  days  off  when  he'd  be  playing  a  show  or  we'd  be  working  on  wedding  details.  

Today  was  one  of  those  days  where  we  were  both  tired  but  had  obligations  to  do.   The  days  off  from  work  would  go  by  quickly  and  I'd  be  working  my  3  days  pretty  quickly.  

Andy  had  a  TV  appearance  on  the  Dinah  show.   He  went  one  way  to  work  and  then  I  went  to  work  by  myself  on  the  bus.

I  walked  in,  yawning  and   sleepy.  Today  would  go  on  forever.

"Good  morning,"  I  managed  to  say  after  clocking  in.

"You  look  exhausted,"  Johnny  said  chuckling.

"Oh  is  it  that  obvious?"  I  said  yawning.

"Yes  what  did  you  do  on  your  days  off?"  Johnny  inquired.

"Well,  wedding  planning  and  then  Andy  had  two  shows  one near  Lake  Tahoe  and  the  other   at  the  MGM  Grand,"  I  replied  as  I  went  to  put  my  stuff  down  behind  the  counter.

"Oh  back  to  back?"  Johnny  asked.

"Yes  with  both  all-nighters  since  we  had  to  fly  out  at  2-2:30  a.m  on  Friday  morning  to  MGM  Grand,"   I  replied  yawning  again.

"We  gotta  get  you  some  energy," Johnny  chuckled  as  he  went  to  the  backroom.

Levi  would  be  off  today  so  it'd  just  be  the  two  of  us.

"Are  you  going  to  be  on  register?"  I  hollered  at  Johnny.

"Yeah  that's  fine,"  Johnny  replied  coming  back  with  a  coke  in  his  hands.

"Okie  dokie,"  I  said  as  I  looked  at  my  checklist.

"Here  so  you  can  perk  up,"  Johnny  said  chuckling.

"I  think  it  would  be  better  if  we  didn't  work  on  so  much  other  details  of  the  wedding  last  night,"  I  replied  popping  the  tab  of  the  coke.

"You  are  in  the  homestretch  right?"  Johnny  asked  as  he  begin  checking  in  new  arrivals.

"Yes  sir,"  I  said  as  I  begin  some  of  the  cleaning  stuff  on  the  checklist.

"How  did  ya'll  choose  Utah  as  the  spot  for  the  wedding?"  Johnny  asked  curiously.

"It  was  the  brochure  that  caught  our  eye  but  the  place  is  perfect  for  a  fall  wedding,"  I  replied  as  I  grabbed  the  glass  cleaner.

"Ah  I  see,"  Johnny  replied  nodding  his  head.

For  the  next  7  hours,  time  seemed  to  really  tick  by  slow.   We  had  very  little  customers   come  by  which  was  surprising  for  a  Wednesday.  

"Tomorrow  we  have  3  new  boxes  of  arrivals   coming  in,"  I   read  off  Big  Boss's  bulletin  in  the  backroom.

"I  hope  we  finally  get  in  Rush's  new  album.  So  many  people  keep  asking  for  it,"  Johnny  commented.

"Right?  I  also  heard  soon  the  Moody  Blues  new  album  will  be  out  so  I  am  sure  people  will  be  asking  for  that  soon,"  I  replied  to  Johnny  as  we  walked  back  to  the  front.